Reproduction 1925-27 Buick Horn Button Assembly

MacMike

I am currently restoring one of my two 1927 model 25 Buicks with original body work by the Holden Motor Company, in Australia. Approximately 25% remains to complete the current restoration work.

Along the way, I discovered that I needed a complete horn button assembly in a serviceable condition but I was not able to find one. I was able to find one in a sad, unserviceable state. This at least showed me the various components that made up a complete functioning assembly.  As a result of none seemingly being available, I decided to disassemble the unserviceable unit that I had been given and reproduce each of the components parts to make a new reproduction assembly.

I have now reproduced a complete horn assembly to suit a 1925-26-27 Buick steering wheel mounting point. The reproduction unit consists of reproduced original brass contact components, and a new compression spring. Some non-metallic parts, namely the horn button and central mounting block which were originally made from “Micata” but now have been made from a substituted modern plastic (PLA) by using 3D printing techniques.

The components are hand finished and polished were necessary then assembled.  The completed horn assembly was mounted into its steering column position along with the necessary component electrical wiring and connections to ensure complete electrical functionality to a connected horn. Testing demonstrated that all connections and reproduction components were functional and the horn assembly performed as required.

Having made one complete assembly and recognising the lack of availability of these horn button assemblies, I decided to make some additional  units. I now have a few extra complete assemblies. Feel free to contact me if you are in need of a reproduction assembly.

Photos of the assembly are provided for your perusal.

F1792638-6766-41B0-B29D-353A0A9FA644.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Hello MichaelH,

Thanks for your message.

i still have a few complete assemblies for sale.

I am in Australia; where are you located?

Have you examined the assembly details in my post to decide if this assembly is the same as yours?

From my earlier, investigations I believe this is a standard assembly applicable to 1925-1927, and I am also of the view that its the same for both Standard and Master. Beyond that, of course, are other model variants within that time range that it may also fit but I have not verified the fit for the entire range. But it seems logical that it will fit other model variants because they all, as far as I am aware used the same steering column structures.

kind regards,

Michael.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Hello Motorpirate,

Yes, I still have a few available.

The cost including taxes, packaging, handling and postage is $320AUD. That is around $215 US. Payment, should you decide to purchase one, is via PayPal.

I will provide you with an exact amount by way of a quotation invoice via your email address if you are able to provide me with an address that allows me to more accurately check postage. My last horn button supplied to another member went to California for 1927 restoration. I have provided a few here in Australia to restorers as well.

I believe you will find it is the unit you require because I made the horn button to use on my own 1927/25. The button was used on all 1925-26-27 models. My original was as you have described yours to be. I obtained a complete original on loan and used those details for the reproduction assembly.

kind regards,

Michael.

Edited by MacMike (see edit history)

Hello CharlesBuick,

Yes, as I mentioned in my recent post, I still have a few available. It should fit your 1925/25. 
Just let me know if you would like me to send you a quotation/invoice via your email, payable via PayPal if you decide to purchase. Your address would enable me to provide an exact amount of postage. The all inclusive price is $320 AUD, unless there are very special shipping requirements. Perhaps shipping is a little less to NZ.

Trust this is helpful information for you.

kind regards,

Michael.

On 11/27/2023 at 3:37 PM, MacMike said:

Hello CharlesBuick,

Yes, as I mentioned in my recent post, I still have a few available. It should fit your 1925/25. 
Just let me know if you would like me to send you a quotation/invoice via your email, payable via PayPal if you decide to purchase. Your address would enable me to provide an exact amount of postage. The all inclusive price is $320 AUD, unless there are very special shipping requirements. Perhaps shipping is a little less to NZ.

Trust this is helpful information for you.

kind regards,

Michael.