89 Chrysler TC by Maserati 55K miles for sale

will12

Selling my 89 TC with 55K miles. I am the 3rd or 4th owner. I purchased it from my grandpa in 2019. No wrecks, and I have the original blue owners manual with a bunch of TC America newsletters I would part with. The valve cover gasket, timing belt, alternator belt, power steering belt and front struts were replaced at 48K.

As of right now the car doesn’t start, I believe it’s the starter or starter relay. I replaced the battery and checked relevant fuses. I would also include the hard top roller stand that came with the car. I was able to get as high as 24-25 MPG (22 Avg) but I always used the premium 91 gas. It also has a small vacuum leak. Buyer would be responsible for towing. Asking $7500, might consider trade for a 4 door carCF7F1A05-028D-4A25-BBF1-0670BBE45D7E.jpeg.393ca0146f78d10b25f1a279d4818fb3.jpeg34BC0EDC-8D61-465B-94BC-E9C57516E852.jpeg.6a161a17b6ab47a8f6a98e6694a95918.jpeg8E5A2A02-E857-4D35-8ECE-15B77DCD8849.jpeg.d3214143f230854bedb920dd9a811c3d.jpegB4A93879-14EC-430B-A9E3-98220FB45F4A.jpeg.422fe311fada4a134a9ed4877a8beeef.jpeg4F7C6424-A6AA-40ED-BE71-733B78593F11.jpeg.fdd5f67d909716a749b7fb88b452cb60.jpeg

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/colorado-springs-1989-chrysler-tc-by/7511096163.html

Call or text Will at (303) 578-7740 if you have any questions or would like more photos.

Edited by will12
Added price (see edit history)

• will12 changed the title to 89 Chrysler TC by Maserati 55K miles for sale
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, will12 said:

Considering reducing the price, especially for someone on this forum who would appreciate it more.

If you are really interested in selling your TC to someone who would appreciate it you should consider making it drivable for that potential buyer. 

The first thing would make the engine runnable!  What can be so difficult about fixing the starter condition? 

Secondly, most people here looking at the engine compartment picture can see that this car still has the original 30+ year old ACCUMULATOR. Selling a car with potential brake problems is likely illegal in any state, so that must be done before selling the car to anyone but a Salvage Yard. 

Overall, the car looks very well kept otherwise. It would certainly be a nice car for you considering it was your grandfathers car previously. Surely you must have had an opportunity to ride in it while your Grandpa was living and therefore made a decision to purchase it.  You must have liked it for some reason. HUH?

5 hours ago, Hemi Dude said:

If you are really interested in selling your TC to someone who would appreciate it you should consider making it drivable for that potential buyer. 

The first thing would make the engine runnable!  What can be so difficult about fixing the starter condition? 

Secondly, most people here looking at the engine compartment picture can see that this car still has the original 30+ year old ACCUMULATOR. Selling a car with potential brake problems is likely illegal in any state, so that must be done before selling the car to anyone but a Salvage Yard. 

Overall, the car looks very well kept otherwise. It would certainly be a nice car for you considering it was your grandfathers car previously. Surely you must have had an opportunity to ride in it while your Grandpa was living and therefore made a decision to purchase it.  You must have liked it for some reason. HUH?

Easier said than done for someone who didn’t participate in the greatest psyop and experiment against mankind in human history 💉. Are you saying that several professional licensed mechanics released this “salvage car” with “potential” brake problems on multiple occasions to me without saying anything? Wow that’s crazy! Especially considering in my state they can hold the car if it’s a danger to the public.

It’s really really easy to change the starter myself in a car with little clearance and a homeowners association that barks up your ass for simply having the hood open on your car for a few minutes.

I appreciate your comments Karen, I mean hemidude 👍

Will, with your attitude and the condition of the car be prepared to have it for a Long, LONG time.  I have been following TC sales for almost two decades, and have bought and sold a dozen or so, and you have a $3500 car, at best. 

You could have it towed to the nearest garage for repairs, with no HOA interference. 

Interesting....... Buick Reatta have the same Teves ABS system and saying the brakes are unsafe is like Ralph Nadar saying that all Corvairs are unsafe. 

It is impossible to fully test the brakes unless the car is driveable.    I have seen Reattas with over 150K miles and the original brakes were still working but I had a 36 K

car fail when the pump motor froze.  
The seller should indicate where the car is located.   It looks like a nice car and the fact that it is not driveable puts fear into many potential buyers, especially if they are

having it towed or shipped.    Some shippers will not accept non-running vehicles. 

PS   The Teves ABS brakes were state-of-the-art when new.   The problem lies in they were not on the market that long so parts are not plentiful and that was 30+ years ago and

the mechanics that were trained on the system are retired or dead.     

8 hours ago, will12 said:

Easier said than done for someone who didn’t participate in the greatest psyop and experiment against mankind in human history 💉. Are you saying that several professional licensed mechanics released this “salvage car” with “potential” brake problems on multiple occasions to me without saying anything? Wow that’s crazy! Especially considering in my state they can hold the car if it’s a danger to the public.

It’s really really easy to change the starter myself in a car with little clearance and a homeowners association that barks up your ass for simply having the hood open on your car for a few minutes.

I appreciate your comments Karen, I mean hemidude 👍

From the TOP: True, I have refused the JAB as has my wife. Being that your TC is a “SALVAGE CAR”, yes those salvage yard mechanics apparently don’t know anything about a TC and its ABS brake system. We in the ‘Official’ TC Owners Club have often harped about people showing off their engine compartment with an ACCUMULATOR that is outdated years beyond an outdated ROTTEN PIECE of CHEESE!

A car with a ‘Salvage’ title MUST go through a thorough inspection before being issued a new ‘Salvage Title’. 

I think that is true in any State.

As far as you living in a community managed by a HOA, so do I. Nevertheless, I find ways of maintaining my TC either by working on it in my enclosed garage or at some friends garage. You do have friends, don’t you?

There is no more starter access clearance in anyone else’s 2.2L TC and people manage one way or another. 

I suggest you spend a little money as has been suggested and get the car in running condition, then you may even enjoy owning it yourself.

Who is Karen?

On 9/21/2022 at 8:38 AM, Hemi Dude said:

Karen

Who is Karen?

Is that the same sort of slur as “Mary” that the 2 ‘Qs’ called Kowalski in the unforgettable movie “VANISHING POINT” from 1970?  If any of you guys have ever seen the BEST advertisement for the then Brand New 1970 Dodge Challenger.  Btw; I ended up buying that black 1970 Plymouth Belvedere police car after it was rolled.