Eaton fuel cap for early vehicle?

Noticed this question while researching something similar, and I thought I would share where one can go to get these Eaton Fuel Caps as I recently painstakingly discovered. The product line still exists after passing thru many hands apparently, and the products haven't changed much after all of these decades. You can get them here: CA-733 Cap Assembly | Buna N Rubber - Lebow Eaton (capsnecks.com).  I know about these caps not from cars or motorcycles, but primarily tractors and other farm equipment. The orange color on your cap might indicate farm equipment to me, but maybe it was an orange Harley??!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rlfergu said:

Noticed this question while researching something similar, and I thought I would share where one can go to get these Eaton Fuel Caps as I recently painstakingly discovered. The product line still exists after passing thru many hands apparently, and the products haven't changed much after all of these decades. You can get them here: CA-733 Cap Assembly | Buna N Rubber - Lebow Eaton (capsnecks.com).  I know about these caps not from cars or motorcycles, but primarily tractors and other farm equipment. The orange color on your cap might indicate farm equipment to me, but maybe it was an orange Harley??!

Thanks for the reference. Just note that the CA-733 cap is NOT VENTED....

On 8/11/2022 at 7:53 AM, rlfergu said:

The orange color on your cap might indicate farm equipment to me, but maybe it was an orange Harley??!

That orange could be Allis Chalmers

https://americanbusinesshistory.org/forgotten-industrial-giant-the-allis-chalmers-story/

allis-chalmers-tractor-2.webp

Edited by 1939_Buick
added image (see edit history)
  • Like 1