Bulp connector taillight - studebaker rockne

Dear lady's/gentleman

I made another selfmade taillight on the studebaker rockne

But there is no bulp connector for to connect the electric wire to the bulp

I can welt the wire to the bulp but that's not original and save

If someone now precise the name of the part and where they sell this kind of part

I will be happy to order 

It's a challenge to do the right thing and thinking when you drive the car I don't get problems with it

See last photos

Thanks a lot

A happy old/young man 

Because of COVID I started to rebuild the car after more than thirty years in storage

I dismantling the car thirty years ago totally

I had almost Al the parts still

But have to order also by some members of the aaca some parts (thanks) and websites 

By photos/questions I recognized how to put some parts at the right place

It's difficult to organize and waiting before you have everything at my address (parts)

But that's the part of challenges in live

I still have to do a lot with spending money

But the results will be a smile at the face of the people

I hope next year 

IMG20211015160751.jpg

IMG20211011145026.jpg

IMG20210819142331.jpg

IMG20210825152040.jpg

IMG20211022131640.jpg

IMG20210825151951.jpg

IMG20211009172631.jpg

• Like 2

Great looking car, Herman. Please post more pictures as you finish your project

I presume that you are looking for what we call "bulb holders or sockets". (see pictures below). These are available from many internet sellers including Amazon, RockAuto, eBay, Summit Racing, Napa Auto Parts, Ace Hardware and most any auto supply store in the USA. 

I am sorry I am not familiar with suppliers outside the US, but other members may be able to help. These parts should not be difficult to find nor expensive.

'

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaXi3wsoa3WIbpF8lliO4CoZWpxATc4hIBTm26JmfKKHFdsbxU_0kg2zlXTKNB2gtEvw_VhWZjsBSOXejPnicRYqTQiYPUd2tVkDPRtHegtVQSFPYF9c9t&usqp=CAE

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ34DHr2YhPWjgVa1nUWqGWOlom-vhOzjxadPsMJPLm5-6iuZQGjPfc-6vAiRwXpuDvUnVu50OAvfUIGz0B0VrYLKzEbNnTTPHev3yBt8hgKNLDwFAI8ofm&usqp=CAE

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuPwr6MbSlmn2qXErLYJjXO1ir4jV9MSRCnBtNhTF-k_wrvMl58yeNfYmmo6D7J_rwwNfCLcGn5yBQcg1cZz1-Nxgp2QXUT4UTcHevt7ahx8oRjMW5cn5f&usqp=CAE

• Like 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Bulp connector taillight - studebaker rockne
On 8/8/2022 at 11:29 AM, f.f.jones said:

I presume that you are looking for what we call "bulb holders or sockets". (see pictures below). These are available from many internet sellers including Amazon, RockAuto, eBay, Summit Racing, Napa Auto Parts, Ace Hardware and most any auto supply store in the USA. 

I am sorry I am not familiar with suppliers outside the US, but other members may be able to help. These parts should not be difficult to find nor expensive.

'

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaXi3wsoa3WIbpF8lliO4CoZWpxATc4hIBTm26JmfKKHFdsbxU_0kg2zlXTKNB2gtEvw_VhWZjsBSOXejPnicRYqTQiYPUd2tVkDPRtHegtVQSFPYF9c9t&usqp=CAE

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ34DHr2YhPWjgVa1nUWqGWOlom-vhOzjxadPsMJPLm5-6iuZQGjPfc-6vAiRwXpuDvUnVu50OAvfUIGz0B0VrYLKzEbNnTTPHev3yBt8hgKNLDwFAI8ofm&usqp=CAE

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuPwr6MbSlmn2qXErLYJjXO1ir4jV9MSRCnBtNhTF-k_wrvMl58yeNfYmmo6D7J_rwwNfCLcGn5yBQcg1cZz1-Nxgp2QXUT4UTcHevt7ahx8oRjMW5cn5f&usqp=CAE

Hello

Yes,of course I put (send) more picture whenever someone or website wants it

You people help me very much 

Some website I want to order but gan not because only in America and not in Europe

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

'

Thanks

But I need what's on the photo (last one)

Not a socket

Herman 

'

This is what I need for the taillight from the studebaker rockne 

Thankfully Herman 

IMG_20220822_172519.jpg

IMG_20220822_172429.jpg

Herman,

That looks nothing like the tail light connector in my own all original Rockne assembled in the USA.

I do know models shipped to Europe were partially disassembled for shipment, and did not include many pieces that were required to be procured from European manufacturers. These included all the lighting.

I suspect your tail light connector was a Dutch or German pre-war product.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, starlightcoupe said:

Herman,

That looks nothing like the tail light connector in my own all original Rockne assembled in the USA.

I do know models shipped to Europe were partially disassembled for shipment, and did not include many pieces that were required to be procured from European manufacturers. These included all the lighting.

I suspect your tail light connector was a Dutch or German pre-war product.

One taillight is working

I made another taillight holder

But no connector

If I can't find I have to make one

Herman 

IMG20211009130053.jpg

IMG20211015160751.jpg

IMG20211011145026.jpg

IMG20211009144739.jpg

There is a similar connector used on American cars that are much older than the Rockne. They were used for headlights and possibly other lights. The bulb goes in one side of the socket and the plug goes in from the back. It looks like this. Model T Fords and others used these. There are single contact and double contact versions. Could this work for you?

f13a44f2704506ca1d239a0cce991008.jpg

Eckler's in USA shows no stock. Restoration Supply in California, USA has these on page 10 (8) of their catalog as "screw on bakelite plug".

https://restorationstuff.com/catalogues/RestorationSupplyCompanyCatalog2020.pdf

Blue Oval Classics in Canada show them in stock. I have never bought from them, so I have no idea if it is a reliable company.  https://www.blueovalclassics.ca/exterior/lights/headlights/headlight-components/model-t-ford-electric-headlight-plug-thimble-double-contact

• Like 1

Bloo beat me to the links!  That is the right type of connector. However, there were several sizes of these connectors with different outside diameter. For my old Studebaker tail lights, I had to make a plastic ring or sleeve to fit over the plug to make the diameter larger. The ring also needed two short pins out the side to keep the plug in the socket. I used my 3D printer to make the ring. 

image.jpeg.36c6a0847183acfd469ad44b3971834c.jpeg

Edited by Gary_Ash (see edit history)
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bloo said:

There is a similar connector used on American cars that are much older than the Rockne. They were used for headlights and possibly other lights. The bulb goes in one side of the socket and the plug goes in from the back. It looks like this. Model T Fords and others used these. There are single contact and double contact versions. Could this work for you?

Eckler's in USA shows no stock. Restoration Supply in California, USA has these on page 10 (8) of their catalog as "screw on bakelite plug".

Blue Oval Classics in Canada show them in stock. I have never bought from them, so I have no idea if it is a reliable company.  https://www.blueovalclassics.ca/exterior/lights/headlights/headlight-components/model-t-ford-electric-headlight-plug-thimble-double-contact

Good morning from Bergen (the Netherlands)

Yes this is what I'm looking for

I'm so great full

I thought to make one by myself

I was looking around for a long time on internet

Thank you very much

Enjoy

Herman

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bloo said:

Yes this is what I'm looking for

Thanks and enjoy

Herman 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 11:30 PM, Bloo said:

Yes this is what I need

Herman

Thanks 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 11:30 PM, Bloo said:

Sir

I try to order one the same from the picture but they wrote back they don't ship to Europe only to America and Canada

Someone interested to ship the item to me. 

i appreciate 

thanks

Herman