1952 Buick Super trunk weather-stripping replacement question

2Buicks

My '52 Buick has been repainted, with the painters removing all weather stripping around doors, hood and trunk. After purchasing new weather stripping from Steel Rubber Products, I'm in the process of installing the new rubber. I have no installation issues for the doors and hood; however, I have the trunk partially done but do not know which direction to place the deck lid rubber. The instructions do not show the placement, only where to glue it. I have searched the internet for clear pictures of other Buick trunks to determine which way it should be installed. The attached pictures show where I'm at in completing the re-installation of weather stripping. The instructions only show how to glue the rubber, but not the placement on the deck lid. The photo below shows two installations. From my internet search, I believe the installation circled in black is the correct method. I have included the best internet picture showing how it should be installed. Any help or close-up pictures you can provide are appreciated.Intallation.JPG.b50c4ac8e6f1ba639835fcf3d8a1d339.JPG

Scan00380028.jpg

trunk rubber.JPG