Long time no show

Summershandy

Despite rain in the forecast, it turned out partly sunny instead. After 2 long years, one of our biggest car shows were held in person. You never know where you're going to get parked and I was pleasantly surprised with my spot. Saw some old friends and shared many stories. Didn't win anything but that's not what I'm there for. 

20220806_113815.jpg.78d59ebf29f90221aaa3e818b1af24bc.jpg20220806_105744.jpg.f9acdf84cfa1ca02063701f78f855092.jpg20220806_133232.jpg.c8551d932785d8af0a2915bd1fc7147b.jpg 

• Like 4

your car is nice and should have won something. On the other hand the GTO's and Trans Ams are usually the cars that get the most interest.

10 hours ago, deac said:

your car is nice and should have won something. On the other hand the GTO's and Trans Ams are usually the cars that get the most interest.

Thanks Deac, I did however get many, many compliments in which I always thank the individual. I love the look of hood down but the reactions on the engine and the original bill of sale hanging from under the hood gets just as many looks. Smiles are the prize......

20 minutes ago, Summershandy said:

Thanks Deac, I did however get many, many compliments in which I always thank the individual. I love the look of hood down but the reactions on the engine and the original bill of sale hanging from under the hood gets just as many looks. Smiles are the prize......

That's my thought too. I don't really like attending car shows unless I have my there.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PhilAndrews said:

Most commented on mine with the hood up: Oh, I love the light under the hood.

So, if yours isn't fitted or doesn't work, you can gain a few extra commentary points!

Yup got that fitted and in working order. I find spectators point out the massive battery or the mason jar full of washer fluid. Mind you, the framed original bill of sale hanging from under the hood could be a distraction too!  

20220820_103402.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah, the screen wash gets comments. I had to change from using the blue stuff as it would go all moldy in a month or so.

It's now full of what looks like orange soda! 

My engine compartment is devoid of battery so very few comments there.

Best comment so far is "What's that? A clock?".

Yes. The big hand is pointing at 3, the little hand at 1, what time is it?

Speaking of the washer fluid jar I've considered filling mine with a green color, throw in a couple of artificial dill pickles and add a Vlasic label. Silly, yes, but as long as eyes tend to migrate to that glass jar anyway why not encourage a double-take. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OrtonvilleBob said:

Speaking of the washer fluid jar I've considered filling mine with a green color, throw in a couple of artificial dill pickles and add a Vlasic label. Silly, yes, but as long as eyes tend to migrate to that glass jar anyway why not encourage a double-take. 

Kinda like this? LOL - I picked that colour to match the engine....love the pickle idea!

20220821_124938.jpg

• Like 2