need a 6 volt positive ignition coil

JohnnyMaryjo

Looks like a flathead, positive ground Mopar to me. If you have a fun driver car, order a new 6V coil on Rock Auto for $20 or so. Ditch that old coil. Run the power wire from your key switch to the negative marked terminal on the new coil. The wire currently going to your distributor, hook it to the positive marked terminal on the new 6V coil. Slide the new coil in the hole in the firewall. Bolt it down. Voila! Easy peasy and done. 

If you want to maintain the stock coil system get ready to spend $300 for a coil.  

My ‘38 6V +ground Mopar with new Rock Auto 6V coil is illustrated. Nobody at the car show noticed it.  Yet, I don’t enter Concours D’elegance. 

1730CB2D-F20E-4FCB-A412-C79E36FC76CB.jpeg

Edited by keithb7 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Looks like a flathead, positive ground Mopar to me. If you have a fun driver car, order a new 6V coil on Rock Auto for $20 or so. Ditch that old coil. Run the power wire from your key switch to the negative marked terminal on the new coil. The wire currently going to your distributor, hook it to the positive marked terminal on the new 6V coil. Slide the new coil in the hole in the firewall. Bolt it down. Voila! Easy peasy and done. 

If you want to maintain the stock coil system get ready to spend $300 for a coil.  

My ‘38 6V +ground Mopar with new Rock Auto 6V coil is illustrated. Nobody at the car show noticed it.  Yet, I don’t enter Concours D’elegance. 

1730CB2D-F20E-4FCB-A412-C79E36FC76CB.jpeg

8 hours ago, Bloo said:

Yeah, the other terminal is on the bottom. You are pretty much stuck with used parts for coils like that, or NORS ones from Ebay. They seem to be expensive.

yes its a 1941 plymouth flat 6

will that give me more power to my motor when asking my motor for it ?

On 8/7/2022 at 8:29 AM, Old buicks 2 said:

I have them available.     tsvanmeet@gmail. com    402-359-5762    Tom

@JohnnyMaryjo

Tom has what you need,

I've dealt with him multiple times.

He is honest and his prices are fair.

Marty