In Connecticut Aug 7th Belltown car meet

Flivverking

I have only missed the Connecticut Belltown antique car show 4 times since 1968...

I think it's the 4th location and is still.going with much the same crew of 30/40  years ago.

I go out of respect and from them being a sister club(which I belonged for years) to the Roaring Twenties Car Club in Ct.  which both clubs supported the other in man power and.judging for 25/35  years back on the day.

Plus they still have a flea market !

There is only 4  meets I know of in Ct. that have flea markets.

1,MY friend Alex Dragon's " Iron Range" Meet

2,Belltown Antique Auto Club.

3,Roaring 20's antique car club and

the 4th then Goshen meet.

Edited by Flivverking (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Been to most "Belltowns" since 75 or 76, over the moves, and while I think venue changes are usually bad I think the Fairgrounds are ideal for the size of this one.  

We have one bell for 2nd with our 39 Packard.  Not big on trophies but glad to have that one for sentimental reasons.  

We certainly miss the old Southbury meet, an ideal Hershey warm up. 

• Like 2

• Flivverking changed the title to In Connecticut Aug 7th Belltown car meet

Really, really hot today!!  We didn't stay too long but did make a couple connections and picked up a couple trinkets at the swap.  Steve Rossi MCed and at one point he spoke about the forum.  Great job, Steve!  Didn't want to bother you...

Nice to see the turnout despite heat and competing events.  Here is a great looking jr. Packard.

20220807_104217.jpg

• Like 2

Well I made it there,and surprizingly was very welcome by many and  by old timers I knew as a teen .

It was HOT.and wished I was still a young  straping sexy ( don't we all)"free baller"( look it up),but carried on with a dozen drinks.

Though the meet has grossly deminished in numbers from it's hay day of the late 70's and 90's it still has charm and comaraderie between collector car folk ,in a most  grand location and also great mixing  up with custom car owners.

If anything it gets YOU and your bomb,out to enjoy life in the car world...it's good.

The rust market was so-so ,but I found a vintage pair of older piston ring expander  pliers for 5 bucks and a set of standard / 

,010 over pistonie   rings for a friends Dog Brother's 192o's beast for 20 bucks!

Not much of anything for sale in cars which was odd with this economy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flivverking said:

I love Steve Mack! 

Well, sorry we missed you yesterday Fliv!  We drove up to a very good old pal's place Saturday to look at a car (more to come on that.  Don't have quite the flair Ed or Randy do but I do have a reveal story in mind... 😉😁)  A successful outing but very hot... My wife is a trooper....

Then we hit Belltown at 8:00 AM Sunday.  It was pleasant enough, till maybe 9:00 AM... 😉🔥🌡 Anyway, we left about 11:00, after a lot of water and ice cream...   Still a fun day.  

I did pick up a pair of 1940 license plate tags... 

Hope everyone who braved the heat made out well yesterday!

• Like 2