1957 GMC 9300 Pickup

Hi All,

Im from Australia, looking to import a 1957 GMC 9300 Pickup from America or Canada...

Seems to be a rare vehicle, and finding any information on this model is very limited...

would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me out with general information, including external dimensions & weight.... 

or point me in the right direction...

Thank You :)

gmc1.jpg

• Like 1

In my part of Pennsylvania the number of Chevrolet pickups far outnumbered GMC pickups.  There was a GMC  only truck dealer in the area but they mostly sold bigger trucks, 1 1/2 tons and more.  There were several Chevrolet dealers in the area which might account for the numbers difference. My hometown fire truck as a kid was a 1957 GMC.  
Good luck in your search.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HeartlandBrumby said:

Hi All,

Im from Australia, looking to import a 1957 GMC 9300 Pickup from America or Canada...

Seems to be a rare vehicle, and finding any information on this model is very limited...

would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me out with general information, including external dimensions & weight.... 

or point me in the right direction...

Thank You :)

gmc1.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

Nice truck and yes they are rare trucks.

What exactly are you hoping to find, articles on the web or factory catalogs you can purchase?

Some info I found with a quick search on the web

1957 GMC 9300 Stepside Pickup Truck (motorious.com)

Car | Classic Car Auction Group

If you're looking for original literature try searching eBay for 1957 GMC Catalog or Brochure 

Here's a sample of what's out there currently

1955-57 Chevy GMC Truck Parts Catalog No 675 Service Manual Dealership 530 Pages | eBay

You can also keep an eye out for items for sale at Faxon auto lit and Troxels as they have different items from time to time.

Home Page (faxonautoliterature.com)

Faxon examples of current in or out of stock:

Search (faxonautoliterature.com)

Troxel examples:

Troxel's Auto Literature | Service, Shop & Owner’s Manuals for Car & Truck Repair (autopaper.com)

1955-1962 GMC Truck Dealer Popular Parts Catalog Book Pickup Garage Repair Shop (autopaper.com)

Good luck on your quest. 
Keep us posted on what you find out

Regards
Dave

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, joe_padavano said:

Wow, that is possibly the most difficult to navigate website I've ever clicked on. 😲

Agreed. But it’s not like GMC information is easily accessed elsewhere. Chevrolet has a Heritage Collection, GMC has (or had) one retired guy who was acting as the company historian. If you have an antique GMC, mine is a ‘46, you get it wherever you can. 

Another source of help are the few part vendors servicing both Chevy and GMC trucks. Jim Carter Truck parts is an example, and his illustrated catalog is a good resource. 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone, I'll have to take a slow look through..

I'm a huge fan of Heartland (hence photo, and the model)... My brother shows a Model T at the local car shows and I thought it would be fun to join him...

As such, having a board about the model I thought would be a great idea.... Numbers sold, etc...

I didn't know info on the car would be hard elsewhere as well...

5 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Welcome to the forum.

Nice truck and yes they are rare trucks.

What exactly are you hoping to find, articles on the web or factory catalogs you can purchase?

Some info I found with a quick search on the web

1957 GMC 9300 Stepside Pickup Truck (motorious.com)

Car | Classic Car Auction Group

If you're looking for original literature try searching eBay for 1957 GMC Catalog or Brochure 

Here's a sample of what's out there currently

1955-57 Chevy GMC Truck Parts Catalog No 675 Service Manual Dealership 530 Pages | eBay

You can also keep an eye out for items for sale at Faxon auto lit and Troxels as they have different items from time to time.

Home Page (faxonautoliterature.com)

Faxon examples of current in or out of stock:

Search (faxonautoliterature.com)

Troxel examples:

Troxel's Auto Literature | Service, Shop & Owner’s Manuals for Car & Truck Repair (autopaper.com)

1955-1962 GMC Truck Dealer Popular Parts Catalog Book Pickup Garage Repair Shop (autopaper.com)

Good luck on your quest. 
Keep us posted on what you find out

Regards
Dave

I'm a huge fan of Heartland (hence photo, and the model)... My brother shows a Model T at the local car shows and I thought it would be fun to join him...

As such, having a board about the model I thought would be a great idea.... Numbers sold, etc...

13 hours ago, HeartlandBrumby said:

That's good to hear you are both getting involved in local car shows. 

Having fun and enjoying the different automobiles made are one of the best celebrations God has granted us. 

As for the hard to find information?

The best I can advise is study hard because the information is out there, you just have to be diligent in finding what you're looking for. Also, the information on the web is constantly being updated and improved upon in regards to what is available to antique and vintage car information so be encouraged that although you may not find the information this week, next week or next month may lend more clues and answers.

Good luck

Dave

A Chevy truck would be  easier to restore and maintain because parts are readily available. The GMC has  a lot of unique GMC only mechanical parts. They had their own engine,driveline and brakes etc. You might have trouble finding parts.