Buick Parts Supply Infrastructure

M1842

I recently bought a NOS bumper part for my 55 Special and it came in an original shipping box.  The label showed both the destination and the return address.  A quick Google maps check for Laconia, NH,  showed Stafford Buick sat on a corner lot, now vacant.  The Buick facility in Newton Upper Falls, Mass, has been replaced with a large retail shopping center.

Interesting investigation.  Anyone here familiar with either location?

20220803_211422.jpg

20220803_211353.jpg

• Like 1

Very Interesting story about this - I heard that the large parts supply kept in the basement under the supply house in Newton Upper Falls that was covered up, not filled in, and the mall was merely built on top of it.  The entry to the basement with many NOS parts in it still is accessible thru a stairway next to the Cinnabon store.  This may be just an internet rumor but I heard you can slip the janitor a twenty and he will let you bring out whatever you can carry.  Bring a flashlight.

Edited by Dan O (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, EmTee said:

Sounds like Al Capone's vault.  We need Geraldo Rivera to investigate...  ;)

I'm ashamed to say that I watched that show in its entirety. I've kept it to myself all these years. My wife doesn't even know. The stress of hiding that fact was suffocating, and your mention of it brought it all back to the surface. My admission here has freed me, and I feel like I can now move on with my life. Not yet sure how or when to tell the wife, though. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4