2022 Hershey Eastern Fall Nationals - Strict Deadline changed to August 22nd! Update

UPDATE:  EMAIL WILL COME OUT TODAY BUT THE DEADLINE FOR SHOW CARS HAS BEEN EXTENDED.  THIS UNPRECENDENTED CHANGE IS TO ENSURE WE HAVE OUR USUAL 1,000 PLUS CARS!!  PLEASE ATTEND!

The annual trek to Hershey will be here before we know it. All indications at the moment are that we will once again see our Canadian friends and other international guests. We look forward to welcoming them back. The change in dates/days for this year’s show do not seem to have an effect on the flea market or car corral. Both are expected to be sell-outs, which is pretty exciting to hear. 

The Hershey dates for this year are October 4-7. Load-in day is Monday and the car show is on Friday. The AACA Library literature sale is on Tuesday from 4-7 p.m. at National Headquarters (800 W. Hersheypark Drive).

The biggest concern we have right now is the procrastination of show car owners who wait until the last minute to register. We cannot stress enough the havoc this causes us due to lead times for materials such as trophies. It is a far more serious situation this year because of all of the supplier shortage issues. 

The deadline for registration is AUGUST 22nd, NO EXCEPTIONS. PLEASE register now online or call us immediately at 717-534-1910 so we can send you registration forms ASAP. Your participation is needed to make Hershey a success, so don’t wait – stop what you are doing and register right now!

----

2022 Eastern Fall Nationals

Hershey, PA ▪ October 4-7, 2022

S.gif
62b5ffa2-6b2d-48f4-85b5-3152faf97b71.png S.gif
S.gif S.gif

"Hershey" Show Deadline Extension!!!

The Friday show car registration deadline has been extended ONE WEEK to August 22, 2022This has NEVER happened before and WILL NOT be repeated. There has been some obvious confusion about the show day being on Friday, October 7th and we feel that has caused some members not to register for the show. Please understand that the show will go on and be the usual great event it always is. Registration is strong but not where we traditionally are. The Hershey Region and National Headquarters felt that it was in everybody’s best interest to make a one-time accommodation.

Late entrants may not make it into the Fall Hershey program book. In addition, special parking may have to be provided for late comers. Finally, the show field map in the program may not be completely accurate, due to late entries. 

The show this year will have a special artist tent area, improved AACA merchandise area and an all new fall event poster by noted artist, David Snyder. We expect great food vendors as well. Judges will be treated to a great premium for their efforts, and you might expect another surprise or two. The flea market will be sold out!!

On Wednesday, October 5th, Wayne Carini from the Chasing ClassicCars TV show will be on Chocolate Field North at space C3G 5-9 signing autographs and taking pictures. 

EVERY year we get a significant number of members who are upset that they missed the deadline. We have sent out numerous reminders but understand life sometime gets in the way. Here is your one-time chance to still make it in the show.

Please, this is being sent to everyone including those who have alreadyregistered as information only. If you have registered already, please do not worry. For non-registered members registration online is still open at members.aaca.org. You will need your member number and pin number. Fill out the form, print it out and send your payment and information to the Hershey Region. The mailing address is on the printed registration form. MUST BE POSTMARKED BY AUGUST 22nd!! Any questions please call National Headquarters at 717-534-1910.

If you have already registered, THANK YOU!! 

This is a general reminder being sent out to everyone. 

Thanks everyone! See you in October!

IMPORTANT LINKS:

Eastern Fall Nationals Brochure

Online Show Car Registration Form

The Judge Newsletter

Online Judges Registration

• Like 1

Steve, if you need a car to show what kind of a car is a “Qualifies as a non ‘show’ daily driver” class, let me know and I’ll register the 38 Studebaker State Commander today. If not I’m still going to drive it to my first Hershey experience if at all possible in hopes of seeing some great qualified cars. Hope the rest of the “Show” cars sign up soon, I don’t want to take anyones qualified space that has a car others want to see and enjoy. 
dave s 

• Like 2

Dave, I think you are talking about the DPC class.  In simplest terms, if the car looks essentially like it came from the factory you are good.  A/c added, stereo added, etc. is not a problem.  Do not worry about taking space...we have room for at least 1300 cars and now more thanks to our new building.  Sign up!

• Like 3

I was planning on bringing a couple of motorcycles. I know one should not listen to hearsay, but talking with a fellow at the show on Sunday. Conversation of the fall show came up. I mentioned something about trailer parking and he said that he makes reservations a year ahead for parking!  Now he also said he stays overnight. So my question is.............

Will I be able to park my F150 and 16' box trailer on the day of the show without some sort of reservation?

Steve, thank you but the beast doesn’t really deserve to be in a show of any kind. It has all original engine/trans and mechanical parts, an original radio that works, original glass except windshields (updated for safety), original paint except where I repaired the fenders after I stopped using a MB, but I did a DYI on the seats as they left more material on your backside when you sat on them than was left on the seat! 
My goal, as goofy as it sounded was to get real show car owners motivated to respond to your post. You all do such a good job and put in such a great amount of energy into these shows we should help in any way we can. Looking forward to coming and seeing some cars I’ve only seen pictures of. A picture may be worth a thousand words but a personal experience is priceless. Hope to meet you there and maybe talk about your time in Chicago a bit. I may have looked at a 442 in your dealership. 
dave s 

Edited by SC38dls (see edit history)

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I was planning on bringing a couple of motorcycles. I know one should not listen to hearsay, but talking with a fellow at the show on Sunday. Conversation of the fall show came up. I mentioned something about trailer parking and he said that he makes reservations a year ahead for parking!  Now he also said he stays overnight. So my question is.............

Will I be able to park my F150 and 16' box trailer on the day of the show without some sort of reservation?

Terry, when you register your bikes for the show you will be able to get a trailer parking pass. That is what you will need for day of show.  There is no other way I know to do that!  Not sure what the other guy is talking about unless he is staying off site.  Some folks rent camping spaces on site from HE&R and that may be what he is referring to and those spots are available during the show.  You just follow the signs.  I believe the charge has been $45 a night but have not hard this year's price yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SC38dls said:

Steve, thank you but the beast doesn’t really deserve to be in a show of any kind. It has all original engine/trans and mechanical parts, an original radio that works, original glass except windshields (updated for safety), original paint except where I repaired the fenders after I stopped using a MB, but I did a DYI on the seats as they left more material on your backside when you sat on them than was left on the seat! 
My goal, as goofy as it sounded was to get real show car owners motivated to respond to your post. You all do such a good job and put in such a great amount of energy into these shows we should help in any way we can. Looking forward to coming and seeing some cars I’ve only seen pictures of. A picture may be worth a thousand words but a personal experience is priceless. Hope to meet you there and maybe talk about your time in Chicago a bit. I may have looked at a 442 in your dealership. 
dave s 

Not really true, register and put down Do Not Judge and have a good time.  Register in the class your car belongs to and then you can enjoy your fellow "classmates".  You have a prime parking sport for the day...well worth the $45 entrance fee.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Not really true, register and put down Do Not Judge and have a good time.  Register in the class your car belongs to and then you can enjoy your fellow "classmates".  You have a prime parking sport for the day...well worth the $45 entrance fee.

I agree 110% with Steve -your car has quite a story to tell. There are a lot of Do Not Judge Cars displayed in their proper class with similar cars. 

Terry

7 hours ago, SC38dls said:

You all do such a good job and put in such a great amount of energy into these shows we should help in any way we can.

Everyone please read this and be sure to try to remember to THANK EVERY AACA WORKER YOU SEE AT HERSHEY

they are car enthusiasts too, most are volunteers , be kind, be thankful and show appreciation for the Greatest Car Show and Flea Market on Earth.

For all of you thinking of the loooong trip and what you may have to put up with /endure - I have long time friends  that travel over from Germany to attend from their door to Hershey is about 12 to 13 hours.

Hope to see many of you there.

Walt Gosden

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I was planning on going to the meet but not sure of the cost.  I would like to show my car if I get transportation.  I what type of camp sites do they have?  I will be showing my 1929 Graham Paige, it still need some work.  Just would like to see how it does.

HERSHEY is --- THE --- SHOW --- on Planet Earth, where you don't  worry about any factors or parameters,  cost, or issues of any sort...

If your antique or classic car can't  make it for whatever reason --- come new or modern... There will be plenty to do, watch, and enjoy.

Two words apply when it comes to HERSHEY-----

------ B E.  T H E R E !!!!! -------

For you Newbies  ( is there someone alive who is ???) ---

HERSHEY is  F R E E Admission--- every day --- all week !!!

Edited by mobileparts (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SC38dls said:

This IS exactly what DPC class is for! Drive it and enjoy it. Park with other DPC cars. If not Hershey, then another AACA show nearby.

Hoping to get there this year if things stay the way they are. Seeing we missed the last two years I get that involuntary twitch whenever someone says the word Hershey. But maybe I am developing the tourette syndrome. 

The last year there Lynne was supposed to have worked at one of the AACA tents but was injured the first day there. She spent the rest of the week in the motel room so I hope things go better this year. 

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to HERSHEY 2022 - Registration Deadline is AUG 15TH. PLEASE register your vehicles early

Well I just finished printing the forms and writing the check for the show on Friday. Now I better start cleaning it up and getting the road dirt off it. Not having it judged but want it looking decent. Looking forward to my first Hershey!  But not my first Hershey candy bar. It will be about a 650 mile trip each way. Should be fun. 
dave s 

ps - do I need to register for handicap parking for going to the flea market on Wednesday or Thursday? 

Steve or ????,  I was just looking at the map that downloaded with my form for the show. Code ‘AA’ says AACA Headquarters Tent. The map says ‘Saturday’ Only. Shouldn’t it say Friday Only. Not trying to be picky but just trying to keep confusion down for first time people like me. Who knows maybe some potential members would show up Saturday. It may be just because it’s the often used map for Hershey swap meet but we are all trained to look at the details. 
dave s 

F739EFF7-197A-4775-BF3E-868A2F45CB23.jpeg

That map is from a previous year and not even correct for last year.  Friday, the AA tent is on the show field.  I will alert the region folks but the map is essentially the same, just that the show is on Friday and our tent is no longer in that location.  You will not be able to miss us though!  No registration for handicapped parking needed.  As long as you have an official placard you should be good.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2022 at 10:26 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

Keep them coming folks!!!  Tell your friends.  Tell the world!  With a potentially sold out flea market and car corral we would like to see the show field "sold out" too.  Going to have at least one new feature this year with artist tents on our property.

Mailed my paperwork for the Car Show and Judging this morning.

Add one more car to the show and one more judge to the judging team.

• Like 1

I would like to register for the Hersey meet but there is some information that I need.  I join ccca a couple months ago and I have not recieved any of my membership items.  Can you let me know when I will be getting it?

On 7/26/2022 at 9:00 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

The annual trek to Hershey will be here before we know it. All indications at the moment are that we will once again see our Canadian friends and other international guests. We look forward to welcoming them back. The change in dates/days for this year’s show do not seem to have an effect on the flea market or car corral. Both are expected to be sell-outs, which is pretty exciting to hear. 

The Hershey dates for this year are October 4-7. Load-in day is Monday and the car show is on Friday. The AACA Library literature sale is on Tuesday from 4-7 p.m. at National Headquarters (800 W. Hersheypark Drive).

The biggest concern we have right now is the procrastination of show car owners who wait until the last minute to register. We cannot stress enough the havoc this causes us due to lead times for materials such as trophies. It is a far more serious situation this year because of all of the supplier shortage issues. 

The deadline for registration is AUGUST 15TH, NO EXCEPTIONS. PLEASE register now online or call us immediately at 717-534-1910 so we can send you registration forms ASAP. Your participation is needed to make Hershey a success, so don’t wait – stop what you are doing and register right now!

Gary - call AACA HQ at the number above.

Terry

On 7/31/2022 at 4:03 PM, Gary56 said:

I would like to register for the Hersey meet but there is some information that I need.  I join ccca a couple months ago and I have not recieved any of my membership items.  Can you let me know when I will be getting it?

ccca?

On 7/31/2022 at 11:17 PM, Gary56 said:

I would like to show my 1929 Graham Paige and maybe have it judged.  I am still waiting my registration  number and pin number.  Would someone let me know

You can call National and they will give you your number and PIN over the phone.

2022 Eastern Fall Nationals
Hershey, PA 
▪ October 4-7, 2022

7aec62b0-89b2-4b9c-8d65-9ec14b5ab284.jpg S.gif
S.gif S.gif

Hershey registration closes August 15th!

Every year we get numerous calls after the August 15th deadline from members who wish to show a car at Hershey in October. It seriously saddens us when we must tell members that they cannot show their car at the #1 antique car show in the world. We do not like saying no! However, the deadline is set by the Hershey Region so they can get their program printed and lay out the show field. National also needs the time to ensure enough trophies are here and that all the engraving has been completed. These are not easy tasks and take time to do right. Therefore, the deadline is very FIRM and it makes no difference if you are a officer in AACA or in the region, there is nothing anyone can do.

If you have already registered, THANK YOU!! 

This is a general reminder being sent out to everyone. 

If you have not registered yet, we beg, beseech, ask, and plead that you do not hesitate and register your vehicle(s) NOW for the Friday, October 7th show. Now, today, do not wait! It will be of immense help to plan for your arrival. While we expect a great show, as of today our numbers are down. Last year, we received more than 400 entrants in the last two weeks of registration! It looks like we are up against the trend once again. Please help us out folks and register TODAY!

Let’s have another fabulous show with more than 1,000 cars in 2022. Only YOU can make that happen. PLEASE join us! We want to continue the great tradition of the Hershey show even though it is on a different day. 

Call us at 717-534-1910 to get registration forms or register your car for the show online at members.aaca.org (remember after filling out the online registration you must mail in your payment and forms to the Hershey Region).

Special Note: Judges we need you! Great premium again this year, so sign up now online at members.aaca.org. You are able to use your credit card to process.

Thanks everyone! See you in October!

IMPORTANT LINKS:

Eastern Fall Nationals Brochure

Online Show Car Registration Form

The Judge Newsletter

Online Judges Registration

• Thanks 1

Dont' know if this is a good thread to ask this, but I'll roll the dice.

So I've never done one of these, but I've heard of Hershey and Carlisle all the time back when I was a kid. I was debating throwing my hat in the ring for this as I'm looking to buy a set of wheels next weekend, so I'd need to get an AACA number, and a spot to park right? Is it only outside parking? Is there anything else I should know (other then hoping these old wheels don't mind hilly terrain). Is it for any classic cars? I thought i read some folks showing up with pre war wheels so figured I'd ask.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

6 hours ago, canadiancreed said:

Dont' know if this is a good thread to ask this, but I'll roll the dice.

So I've never done one of these, but I've heard of Hershey and Carlisle all the time back when I was a kid. I was debating throwing my hat in the ring for this as I'm looking to buy a set of wheels next weekend, so I'd need to get an AACA number, and a spot to park right? Is it only outside parking? Is there anything else I should know (other then hoping these old wheels don't mind hilly terrain). Is it for any classic cars? I thought i read some folks showing up with pre war wheels so figured I'd ask.

Your questions actually open up a bunch of new questions that might be best answered by calling the AACA national office. You can find the number on aaca.org

1 minute ago, Peter Gariepy said:

Your questions actually open up a bunch of new questions that might be best answered by calling the AACA national office. You can find the number on aaca.org

LOL I'll give it a go. At least I offer a challenge :D

6 hours ago, canadiancreed said:

I'm looking to buy a set of wheels next weekend, so I'd need to get an AACA number, and a spot to park right? Is it only outside parking? 

We can assume that you're buying a car, not merely

looking for wheels and tires.  You need to be an AACA

member to show a car, so yes, you would need a 

membership number. 

"Spot to park":  Do you mean on the show field, or in the

spectator parking lot?  You do not need to be an AACA

member to be a spectator or park in that lot;  indeed,

the club welcomes anyone who wants to view the flea market

or car show.

The show field is on grass, and the spectator parking area

is outside also.

1 hour ago, Terry Bond said:

The local Hershey Region of AACA hosts this fantastic event--largest of its kind in the world! 

I've seen that statement in past years.  It was even

discussed on our forum.  While Hershey is a superb

event, and the joy of our club, it's not the biggest.

It isn't even close.  Hard to imagine, but true!

If anything, Hershey of 20 or 25 years ago was bigger.

It reached 2000 cars, while today we may reach 1200.

One man in a near-by region visited Sweden's

"Power Big Meet," where they had 7000 cars.  There were

so many 1958 Buicks, for example, that he lost count of them.

They hoped to have a grouping of TEN 1959 Dodge convertibles,

but "only" 6 came.  (See picture below.)

But Hershey is superb, yes.  I look forward to it!

Sweden Power Big Meet 2.jpg

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

We can assume that you're buying a car, not merely

looking for wheels and tires.  You need to be an AACA

member to show a car, so yes, you would need a 

membership number. 

"Spot to park":  Do you mean on the show field, or in the

spectator parking lot?  You do not need to be an AACA

member to be a spectator or park in that lot;  indeed,

the club welcomes anyone who wants to view the flea market

or car show.

The show field is on grass, and the spectator parking area

is outside also.

Ya it would be on the show field (figure if I'm driving for eight hours with the wheels i'm looking at, might as well put it in the show.). Grass could be fun if it rains, which if I remember right central PA has good odds of in early October? Guess I better get an umbrella :D

26 minutes ago, canadiancreed said:

Ya it would be on the show field...Grass could be fun if it rains...  

There is virtually no worry about mud on the show field

after rain.  The whole club found this out several years ago,

when we had 9 or 10 inches of rain just prior to the show!

The field is a former golf course--evidently so well designed

that drainage is no problem.  There was almost no mud at all.

It was amazing.

5 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

There is virtually no worry about mud on the show field

after rain.  The whole club found this out several years ago,

when we had 9 or 10 inches of rain just prior to the show!

The field is a former golf course--evidently so well designed

that drainage is no problem.  There was almost no mud at all.

It was amazing.

Oh wow ya that would definitely do it!