WTB 52' buick body parts

The 52

20 hours ago, billbuickgs said:

Hoods are !951 ,1952 Super hdtp & convs only

Hold on, Bill. I am quite sure that '51 and '52 Super 4-dr. sedan and 2-dr. sedan hoods are the same as any other '51-'52 Super. Why would the hood have to be only from a 2-dr. hardtop or convertible?

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Edited by Pete Phillips
typo. (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will hoods from other models physically fit, but not be correct? Or are they completely different, but seem to look the same in my naivety to these cars.

This car is not going to be restored to original, but as a tastefully done well patina'd car that can be driven anywhere with my family of four. I actually bought this car for my 9yr old son, he loves the old Buicks, so it essentially his car.

11 hours ago, The 52 said:

There is member here parting out a 53' Roadmaster 2dr. Would those quarter panels fit my 52'?

No. 53, one year only. Super and Roadmaster Riviera and convertible. 52 maybe a one year only also because of the trim piece that fits on the top of the fender. Otherwise suspect 51/52 would be interchangeable.

Edited by g-g-g0 (see edit history)

Sorry, but I cannot provide further information other than what I already have indicated. The information I provided came from referencing my parts book. I’m not sure how you could actually verify other than to have parts to compare or a couple of cars side by side to compare. I have a 53 Super convertible that I could take pictures of and or some measurements but have nothing to compare it to other than a 52 Roadmaster 4 dr sedan rear fender that I have. 

Gary

It looks like there parts on this fender that you could use.  The stainless molding has no dents, the headlight bezel and the housing are good. . The fender has no heavy rust.

The chrome piece below the headlight, which a recet Bugle article said was very hard to find, has no surface pits. 

I would sell it for $90.00 plus shipping.

Thisd dsight limitd the number of photos that I can send so email me for more.

fred.raw.ing@live.com

IMG_9045.JPG

IMG_9044.JPG

IMG_9043.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...