If looking for specific parts or anything on Ebay Use a google image search to get more results!

auburnseeker

I was recently looking for a few parts for my 33 Plymouth and none came up on ebay when I searched the site directly.  I then did a Google image search and low and behold there were multiple results that came up that were listed on ebay.  Specifically a new Fuel pump and a super clean owner's manual at a reasonable price.  

If looking on ebay and you don't find that specific part,  do the Google image search.  Ebay has been having alot of site issues for months now, which sellers have all been complaining about, yet no one at ebay seems overly concerned to fix the problem , that have caused a drastic reduction in views and sales.  Most likely due to whatever glitch caused this. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

If you have a site to sell your product on or advertise you sell on eBay tell your perspective buyers to use google search to find your product easier. 
Companies like google need to have good search engines. Companies like eBay should have them but it’s economically prohibitive as they must also have other software concerns. 

Just an old computer guy saying the same thing I told customers for 40 years. I specialize in circulation processing your a magazine and can’t spend the dollars I do for a circulation program you need layout and writers and ad sales etc. 

dave s 

• Like 1

You would think for the money we pay ebay as sellers they could atleast make our crap show up when you search for it on their site.  My bill last year was $18,000.  That's enough to be able to say guys,  fix your problems and make the site work.  IF google can find it on your site,  then I should darn well be able to find it on your site when I'm only searching your site.  Maybe stop spending on money advertising to drive people to the site where they can't find what's clearly listed and spend the money on making the site actually function properly.  It's not like they are spending all their time fixing the other problems that have been plaguing the site for months. 

I have no dog in this argument but a company that has to have software to cover both selling and buying plus collections and payouts, along with complaints and returns is NOT going to have the wide variety of search engine options that a company that specializes in searches. It’s like you having literature for sale on cars but having someone upset because you can’t give them information on say art work. 
Tell people how to find your product in your advertising. 

I could never understand why some publishers didn’t tell the advertisers they forgot their address or phone number or email address or website info. Instead the advertiser would not place another ad because he got no response. The pub edit checks every ad that comes in but they still didn’t tell the advertiser. Then they were upset they lost the advertiser. 
You know eBay is messed up so tell your buyers how to find your product easier than just going to the eBay site. 
Again no dog in the fight just putting my 2 cents in that may not be worth a cent. 
dave s 

My regular buyers do know how to find my stuff,  but the whole idea of selling on ebay is to reach a wider audience and for that I think sellers pay them pretty well at around 13% for the entire transaction including the cost of shipping and the cost of sales tax. 

My big gripe is that when you go to the main search box on any ebay page and search all of ebay for say "1933 Plymouth Fuel pump" Not refining it down any more than that, and say 15 or 20 hits come up. Ok none of those are what you want as none were truly new.  So you go to google to find one elsewhere on the web,  but the main hits you get are ebay auctions/ buy it nows not found in the search in the ebay box.   Seems like it's not that complicated for any programmer to design a feature that actually searches all the titles.  We aren't even talking advance searches just general searches for those exact words in the title.  Seems like more of a glitch than not being able to design a search.  Hell craigslist managed to do it and that site doesn't get 13 percent of what sellers are selling. (craigslist actually seems to have the best search engine of most of the sites I have been on)  Similar gripe with Facebook.  Another site that has a terrible search engine,  yet profits from all the ads spattered throughout the search results. 

Maybe Ebay could hire the guy that designed Craigslist.  My guess is they have alot of staff that doesn't know what they are doing and maybe a few guys that do,  but they are too busy fixing the other guys new mistakes to get everything fixed,  before someone at corporate decides to make a whole quarterly change to something,  which sets up the whole next round of failures.  Read the ebay community boards some time.  My complaints are far from exclusive. 

I agree with you about eBay but they are like IBM in the old days - itty bitty monster didn’t believe the PC would ever be bigger than they were and they lost their stranglehold on the computer industry. eBay is the monster now and they will not spend the money until a competitor threatens them. Companies like Amazon are doing that in the retail market and I would guess someday in the specialty market like your product. That’s because they see the possibility of making more money. 
dave s 

Edited by SC38dls (see edit history)