Help with tail light bulb numbers - 1934 Dodge Brothers couple

Porsche 68

Looking for tail light bulb numbers do my 34 DB couple sockets are duel pole parking light and brake light somebody had a single filament bulb in it Going to the Macungie car show next weekend for parts Any help is greatly appreciate.  John

1158 is a 6 volt lamp

Google is your friend, if you do not know a lamp's characteristics.

My Jeepster uses #1158 parallel-pin dual filament bulbs.  The taillight filament is 3 cp, and the stoplight filament is 21 cp; IMHO both are inadequate for modern driving.  I bought high-output replacements from Bob Drake, the Ford repro parts company, but I'm sure the Chevrolet repro companies have them as well.  The high-output bulbs are 14 cp tail (vs 3 cp) and 50 cp stop (vs  21).  They were about $3.50 each plus shipping at the time--almost 10 yrs ago.  MUCH better!  I bought four bulbs to have two spares but wound up using all four during the install due to quality control issues: one of the new bulbs had its contacts out-of-register with the pins, and the other's globe came loose from the base during installation.

The Drake online catalog did not use the #1158 number, only Ford part numbers, so I ordered 6V high-output, dual filament, parallel (vs staggered) pin.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Help with tail light bulb numbers - 1934 Dodge Brothers couple