For Sale: 1928 Hupmobile, series E - $29,900 (Decatur, IL)

Not Mine - more pics in ad

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d/decatur-1928-hupmobile-series/7515287581.html

I have a super very rare 1928 Hupmobile Series E straight eight frame-off restoration. Beside photos shown, I have many frame-off photos I can text to you that I did not have in my computer to include. Price is firm and many more dollars spent on restoration than the price being sold. Very rare as only two straight eight are known to exist as most were six cylinders. The Hupp has been in our family since 1967 when purchased in Iowa. Please see photos. The Hupp was running in 2011 but the carburetor was removed for rebuild but never put back on so would have to be finished. There is a lot of information on the Hupp, photos, original literature etc. that goes with the it. Pick up only in Decatur, IL Please contact me for information if interested. Dale

Email - copy and paste into your email:
dd489c8f6d9d3f9ebc62708043299c92@sale.craigslist.org
contact name:  Dale

(414) 659-67 six six

ccxx100n0n_iLG5ILio6KZz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

ccxx200I0I_5awPahRjKXEz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

ccxx300V0V_id27j0ujqIoz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

ccxx500f0f_cFkrmdWOb9kz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

ccxx600z0z_g4uCOBvWrYnz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

ccxx600Z0Z_hfCG4xRpi7Dz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

ccxx800b0b_42JIPyHr7LQz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

ccxx900J0J_1oKntptLXhRz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

ccxx9900Y0Y_8SMX2W2aJmtz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

ccxx401212_14bxx3hyZaDz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

ccxx701313_30Roa7sXk85z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

Shame they didn't paint all the blue a dark blue.  That light top is tough to like.  The upholstery on the front seat also really looks wrong to me.  Looks like a new sofa at discount furniture store.  Really a shame as the car had alot of potential before those choices.    I wonder if when someone is restoring a car they ever get to the end stage and say, " well that didn't come out as I expected!"

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Shame they didn't paint all the blue a dark blue.  That light top is tough to like.  The upholstery on the front seat also really looks wrong to me.  Looks like a new sofa at discount furniture store.  Really a shame as the car had alot of potential before those choices.    I wonder if when someone is restoring a car they ever get to the end stage and say, " well that didn't come out as I expected!"

The tires were very poor choice also

I always think if it really were easy to get it running like they say, they would have done it.

Something drastically wrong with that upholstery! 

I'm sure they are taking a bath at this price, but that doesn't mean it's priced fairly. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

always think if it really were easy to get it running like they say, they would have done it.

I was looking at a Model A,  that looked pretty nice overall, not a project type car and it wasn't running because it needed the new points installed.  I was thinking well if all it's really needed was the points and they knew it, they would have done it or had a friend done it.  Not like it's an early Ford V8 with the helmet distributor you can't get at.  So that alone made me pass since the car wasn't exactly around the corner. Still for sale and it seemed like a good deal,  so it isn't all it was cracked up to be.,  Said he had 6 other guys looking.  When 6 other guys walk,  then I should to.

• Like 2

Interesting car and I have a soft spot for Hupp. I think overpriced in current condition with the wonky upholstery  etc. and color selection.  If the price was reasonable it would make a decent base to build up a nice car.

On another note.. I just don't get the whole photo thing. If your trying to sell a car at least clean-up the area a bit. Garbage bags, plant pots and cardboard boxes don't help. It reminds me of looking a house listings. At least get the dirty dishes out of the sink! (LOL)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Can someone email the AACA link to the seller so they can get an idea of what the general (old car) population is thinking?  Maybe it will help...