Rexo 11 horn , made by Dean Electric- What cars? 1915 era

roysboystoys

Rexo with roman numeral 2 after it. Don't know how to do that , yet

I found ads for Dean Electric dual tone , 1913

So I guess this Rexco 2 is for dual tone. It does have two wires , each sounds the Ahooga,

not a big difference though.

Strictly after market or did some cars come with them?

Google search is making me nuts.

DSCN5726.JPG

DSCN5728.JPG

DSCN5727.JPG

Edited by roysboystoys
spelling (see edit history)

Tuto (2 tone) and Rexo (about half the cost) were horns from the same maker. The original horn on my 1913 Studebaker may have been a Rexo or a Rexo II. I have documentation saved somewhere, old ads I saved that might help sort it out, but I can't find them so I'll have to sit on the sidelines and wait and see what everybody else says. Just googling now seems to date the Rexo II later than 1913 though. How sure are you it is ahoooga? The horns I speak of are not, despite their looks.

• roysboystoys changed the title to Rexo 11 horn , made by Dean Electric- What cars? 1915 era

The one I am familiar with looks exactly like a motor driven horn, but under the cover it had a vibrating mechanism and points and a diaphragm inside not unlike what you might find in a 1976 Cadillac. They were bragging in the ads about low current draw compared to conventional horns of the time. I guess this is a different horn.

• 1 year later...

I believe this horn to be an after market part, however it was installed on some cars as an OEM part.  My 1914 Studebaker SC 4 is supposed to have this horn. I do not have one, but I did find an advertisement for one. I have been told by other Studebaker folks that it is not an ahoooga horn, it just makes a weak bleep sound.

if you still have the horn and would like to sell, i would be interested.

rexo II.jpg

1 hour ago, Keith English said:

I believe this horn to be an after market part, however it was installed on some cars as an OEM part.  My 1914 Studebaker SC 4 is supposed to have this horn. I do not have one, but I did find an advertisement for one. I have been told by other Studebaker folks that it is not an ahoooga horn, it just makes a weak bleep sound.

if you still have the horn and would like to sell, i would be interested.

rexo II.jpg

Sorry, it's sold.

Thanks

Roy