Off topic (just a little) Linda J DeFiore

JohnD1956

https://www.townleywheelerfh.com/memorials/Linda-DeFiore/4988869/index.php

My last 48 hours have been tumultous and a whirlwind of emotions as I prepare to say my final goodbye to my wife of 48 years. Linda and I joined the BCA together in 1974, when we were married, and assigned #3757.  Thru the years she always respected our Club and participated in mind and spirit when she could. She personally intervened the few times I thought I might try to sell the Super.  Thanks to her it was never even advertised for sale.  She loved to ride in all our cars and took pleasure in attending the 14 National Meets we went to.  Unfortunately her disease began early in 2012 (or maybe earlier) but was undetected till july4th of this year. At that point it became untreatable and wreaked havoc on her body. She spent the last 3 weeks in the hospital and on July 27th at 5:10 am she went to be with our Lord. 

I have been on this forum for a long time and consider you all brothers and sisters so please pardon me for sharing this with you here.

To the love of my life...please rest in peace. 

• Like 1

John, I am so sorry to hear that your lovely wife has passed.  God bless her and may she rest in peace.

Take care,

Your BCA friend, Dave Shipman  

• Thanks 1

John,

I am very sorry for the loss of your wife Linda. You will be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. God bless.

Dennis 

• Thanks 1

John,

We are so sorry to learn of Linda's passing and for your loss - surely a loss to the Buick community and to the hobby.

Dealing with my wife Dale's liver cancer for four years now, we sympathize with the many emotions, the ups and downs, the little triumphs, the difficult moments, and of course now  the most difficult  of times. You'll pick up the phone, or call out, only to recall that, at least you had those good years - and that is what life is built upon - more than so many others get.

With time, pleasant little memories will outnumber the sadder ones.

Many, many others have also noted, but if you ever just want to pick up a phone and chat, talk, unload, or just need a sounding board - I'm here for you.

Marty

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I would like to take a moment thank everyone for their condolences and support. Linda's service was held this past Thursday and Friday.  I'd like to believe she is content with them. My sons and I miss her immensely but know that she's been freed from a lot of pain and suffering on this earth. And for that, we take consolation. Rest in peace Linda.

Thank you again my friends. I look forward to meeting those i haven't alread met, on down the road.  

Rest

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

John I have thought of you every day since I learned of Linda's passing. I can't help but let the thoughts of someday loosing my Rita come to mind, so I sincerely sympathize with you. Your life will never be the same, but that doesn't mean you won't be happy again. Treasure the memories and take care of yourself John. Rest in peace Linda.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MrEarl said:

I can't help but let the thoughts of someday loosing my Rita come to mind,

All you can do is make the most of each day you have together, which I can see you both already do.  Enjoy your family, my friends.  And don't begrudge the little things they ask of you.  The old saying is absolutely true: You don't know what you had till it's gone! Many thanks for thinking of me. It is obviously where I've gotten the strength to deal with this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

John, I'm so sorry for you, I just heard the news and I'm sad to hear this bad news.
My sincere condolences, may she rest in peace.
And I wish you a lot of courage for this very difficult ordeal.
I just lost my two grandfathers in April, and I know what it's like to lose someone you love.
Good courage to you .

Sebastian

• Thanks 1