1990 Driftwood convertibles

Barney Eaton

I just finished some research on the driftwood convertibles.   My early numbers indicated there were 60 made. 

Robert Casey book "all1988-1991 Buick Reatta colors" indicates 64 were made. 

My latest count shows 67   of those 36 had 16 way seat option.... my reference material does not break out top color. 

The strange thing I found..... all but 5 of the early cars, the vin number ends in a even number.  Starting with 905744, every driftwood convertible ended in an even number. 

If you know anything about GM part numbers,  if the number ends in an even number it is for the left side, odd numbers are the right side. 

The person that generated the Reatta vins must have worked creating part numbers or something....very strange

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 5:04 PM, Barney Eaton said:

If you know anything about GM part numbers,  if the number ends in an even number it is for the left side, odd numbers are the right side. 

The person that generated the Reatta vins must have worked creating part numbers or something....very strange

He was probably left-handed, but most likely in his right mind!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Many GM part numbers can be decoded. Carburetors are the easiest. Springs are another. OTOH tranmissions are more difficult. There are many 440T4/4T60 transmissions depending on year and TSBs. Latest (1990-1991) are the strongest.