1929 Packard 640 SEDAN (VERY NICE) - $30K OBO

Certainly has a lot of "presence"! I edited the ad copy...use original from link to treat insomnia 

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/rockdale-1929-packard-640-sedan-very/7514324044.html

This car was owned for the last 53 years by a older car collector, where it was stored inside with his other cars.

In 1990 the previous owner replaced 8 exhaust valves, 1 intake valve, 2 valve guides, block gasket, water jacket gasket, pan gasket, intake/exhaust gaskets and replaced the head studs and painted the motor, which there are pictures in the folder of all the work and receipts. Also replaced the complete wiring harness. The tank was sent off to be cleaned and sealed and it looks new. There is a folder with tons of receipts, parts, work, and old pictures of the work and the car. Still have the Packard's owners manuel and books. The transmission shifts like new and the brakes work good as well. This car is still 6 volt and cranks instantly and everything still works. The interior was redone back in the day and looks great. All the woodgrain in the car is in great shape and the interior light still works. Suicide doors for luxury of getting in and out easier. The inside is extremely comfortable and has tons of room. Rear luggage rack with suitcase trunk still there. The running boards are in great shape but the material on top shows its age a little. It's also got there lights added on the bumper to make it even brighter at night, they just need to be hooked up real quick if you want them to work. All the glass is good and the windows role down good. All the tires look great and also has the two spare tires. The hooga horn still works. This car has a amazing body underneath and all the way around. Its very straight and the blue looks pretty good but the black paint on the fenders show its age by having chips. 512-760-566FIVE I don't email or text much just call me.

100404_kr9qJQiMCgHz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00l0l_aseZdKkm3KKz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00c0c_hYZdGEs50Pfz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00t0t_3ahFVT0ra76z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 4

Heartbreaking to see the car in this condition. It was beautifully restored cosmetically in the early 1960s, then sold and subsequently allowed to run down. The wire wheels and other accessories were stripped off by a subsequent owner. True miles are unknown, because the speedometer was missing and then replaced with another. I know the entire history from new -- my father owned it in the 1960s and restored it. I grew up working on it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, jrbartlett said:

Heartbreaking to see the car in this condition. It was beautifully restored cosmetically in the early 1960s, then sold and subsequently allowed to run down. The wire wheels and other accessories were stripped off by a subsequent owner. True miles are unknown, because the speedometer was missing and then replaced with another. I know the entire history from new -- my father owned it in the 1960s and restored it. I grew up working on it.

Hi, James!  Maybe you can buy it back and get it back it shape?

Very, very few people can place their hands on a car and leave it better than they found it. Sad ending to what was once a special car. Great body style. 

• Like 2