Question about 1932 Lincoln Kb brakes

Eric Henschel

Hello, We are working on a 1932 Lincoln KB limo. Does anyone out there have any info on the 4-Wheel Vacuum-assisted brakes that came with this car. How about diagrams and or a manual describing the system. Trying to figure out what the system is and if we have everything we need to make it work. The car stops but even after adjusting the brakes it seems like it should be better for such a heavy car. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

The Lincoln Owner's Club reprints the Service Bulletins that include fairly detailed information on the brakes, including the power braking system. I highly recommend buying the entire set of bulletins if you're embarking on any kind of work on a K.

https://loc.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=546775&module_id=106667

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hi Eric,

Can you tell us a little more about the braking behavior? I have had several 1930s cars with mechanical brakes and one 1940s car with mechanical brakes. My experience is that they should behave like a those of a pre -ABS  car -like any well-behaved car of the 1950s or 1960s. Sometimes more fade, and generally not good for panic stops. However, they should be responsive, always track a straight line, and make the tires the limiting factor.

Phil