SB42 in California

To the members of Classic Car Club of America, I am not here this time to debate the merits of your Classic Car definition. I am here solely to make an announcement and hope that if you know people in California you will pass it on.

I have successfully defended SB42 in California twice against takeaway. SB42 is the Biennial Smog Exemption that applies to 66-73 vehicles. It is now in the 30 year rolling exemption stage. 1974 vehicles are now exempt from biennial smog check.

SB708 would take that all away and smog all California vehicles back to 1958. Pre-66 vehicles did not have smog equipment and as such were considered non-emissions controlled. Health & Safety Code 44013 states that a smog test may not be more stringent than when the vehicle was new. Since pre-66 vehicles did not have smog equipment, they cannot be forced now to put on equipment they did not have. This invites a class action law suit.

All I am asking of the members of this forum is, If you know someone in California that has a 66-73 vehicle please ask them to go to my website ... www.smogrfg.com, read the material and download the flyer. SB708 would devastate the car hobby in California.

This is a request for any help you can give me in getting out the word.

Remember the words of Reverend Nemueller in Germany .... When they came for, etc. If they come after our 60s cars now, your 1925-1948 vehicles are not far behind.

Please pass the word .... www.smogrfg.com

Len Trimlett