Which Class

STEVE POLLARD

I'm thinking about bringing my 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS to the Hershey Show on Friday. I'm the original owner, car is all original, nothing has been modified at all...which class on the registration will this vehicle go under ?

Thanks !

Steve

For Class Judging it would be 27Q (1986-87 Production Cars) or HPOF to seek a HPOF Certification.  The HPOF Class is for unrestored vehicles.  I have seen original, unrestored vehicles do very well in Class Judging with significant detailing.  It's really your choice.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm all set, my Monte Carlo is registered for the Friday Show... I'll be driving in from NY ( I-84 to I-81 ), I was looking at the Hershey Brochure Map, I'm familiar with the Park, is the Friday Show within the Park? The Brochure states " Registration Open on Show Field - 7am ".  Forgive me for asking questions, first timer here for the show.

Thanks !

Yes. They are going to route you onto Park Blvd. off Rt. 39 on Friday morning. You’ll take the ramp that leads behind the Giant Center and then the Region folks will direct you.

When you leave after the show, you’ll come out just past the HQ to the light at 39.

• Thanks 1

Steve...Greenie is correct.  If you look at the Giant Center "left" side you will take Park Boulevard to the rear and you will probably be in line with other vehicles.  The police will direct you plus it would be hard to miss all the signs.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, I appreciate the information ! Now I'm worry about the potholes ..... don't want my Monte to be swallow up  lol. 

Steve

Oh, if you see a white , 1986 Monte Carlo SS, stop and say Hi.....

Edited by STEVE POLLARD (see edit history)

On 9/11/2022 at 2:42 PM, STEVE POLLARD said:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the information ! Now I'm worry about the potholes ..... don't want my Monte to be swallow up  lol. 

Steve

Oh, if you see a white , 1986 Monte Carlo SS, stop and say Hi.....

Steve, I 78 is worse! 

The earlier you arrive to the show field the better, from the time you get on line to when you are parked it could take a good 1/2 hour or longer. It is a great experience, one of the best I ever had in the hobby, and looking back I accomplished a lot! The best time I had was letting my oldest son John drive my 62 Biscayne on the field and I sat in the passenger seat If you are going to the Banquet it is long day with little time for rest. The day goes too fast.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, John348 said:

The earlier you arrive to the show field the better, from the time you get on line to when you are parked it could take a good 1/2 hour or longer

Hey John, thanks for the info...I can't believe that this will be my first time down there... going to bring two of my four kids ( oldest son / youngest son ) It's like a 3.5hr drive per Map Quest, so I'm hoping to get going by 4:30 -5am.....

Steve