So true ...

Back in the 80s I needed to change out a water pump on a 1964 Olds. I kept the car at my parents' since there was a 3-sided shed for it to live in.

To Oldsmobile's credit, they put a notch in the harmonic balancer to access the bottom water pump bolt. Trouble was it required a thinwall socket to get in there, which I did not have with me- it was 22 miles away at my house.

I was turning the air blue. I didn't realise my Mama and her neighbor had come out to the back yard to have tea. Then I heard Mama say "he's working on his old car. You might hear him say something".

☺️

• Haha 3

Hey Now - Watch out !  I resemble that sign and all the remarks .  🤪😆   In FL I dont have to worry about the little old ladies having tea out back on the

portch is too darn Hot !  I have to worry about me working on the modern cars in the driveway ( Garage and shed are reserved for the OLD stuff)

I'll o out after it cools down after dark and set up the flood lights.  I Know to stop when the neighbors start sending not so nice emails and texts to my 

night owl wife about the loud noises, bright lights and loud verbal dirty outbursts ! 😬😆🤪 CricketKJ26

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cricketkj26 said:

Hey Now - Watch out !  I resemble that sign and all the remarks .  🤪😆   In FL I dont have to worry about the little old ladies having tea out back on the

portch is too darn Hot !  I have to worry about me working on the modern cars in the driveway ( Garage and shed are reserved for the OLD stuff)

I'll o out after it cools down after dark and set up the flood lights.  I Know to stop when the neighbors start sending not so nice emails and texts to my 

night owl wife about the loud noises, bright lights and loud verbal dirty outbursts ! 😬😆🤪 CricketKJ26

I can relate,I'm in Florida too.I usually mow my lawn after 7:30 in the afternoon when the sun's off of the front yard.

On 7/27/2022 at 8:53 PM, avgwarhawk said:

Working on a car requires your finger tips to do the seeing for you. 

This was frequently the case when working in the dark, in the cold, in an apartment parking lot, on my 1967 Citroen DS-21 Pallas

• Like 1

Now, as gorgeous as a DS-21 Pallas is, that was just asking for it!😺

Me Uncle Buck, the longtime French car mechanic here, always said the key to successfully repairing a French car was to learn to swear at it in French! 👨‍🎨🗼 Sacre cerise...🤦‍♂️

I don't know if Buck ever worked on a Citroen. Les Renaults et Peugeots kept him occupied...

On 7/30/2022 at 12:16 PM, rocketraider said:

I don't know if Buck ever worked on a Citroen. Les Renaults et Peugeots kept him occupied...

I had a 1978 Ford Fiesta {the German one}. I asked my mechanic if he worked on a Fiesta. He said "I'll work on anything but a Le Car. You've got to draw a line somewhere".

Don

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, DLynskey said:

I had a 1978 Ford Fiesta {the German one}. I asked my mechanic if he worked on a Fiesta. He said "I'll work on anything but a Le Car. You've got to draw a line somewhere".

Don

Only Le Car I have seen in a long time. It is local. Picture was taken before the leaves came out, all I could see today when I went by was the front foot of so. I think it is beyond saving even if someone wanted too.

LeCar.jpeg

Edited by Jim Bollman (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

If that is true,I must be doing a heck of a job.I can't get near a car without scratching,cutting,or tearing the skin off my arms.My skin is so thin and it's just too hot to wear long sleeves just yet.

• Haha 1