For Sale: 1912 Buick Roadster Model 36

1912 Buick Roadster Model #36.  This car has been in my family since the early 40's maybe longer.  It has been kept inside the entire time we have owned it.  If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them. Price is $12,000.00. mrpeatling@yahoo.com Thank you.

20220629_123338.jpg

20211204_105054.jpg

20211204_105117.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 12:42 PM, trimacar said:

Very fairly priced in my opinion, brass cars are popular in todays market….

Not sure. We can’t really tell. For starters, it’s red. May need a repaint for authenticity.  2nd - will need a lot of prep prior to running.  

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

Not sure. We can’t really tell. For starters, it’s red. May need a repaint for authenticity.  2nd - will need a lot of prep prior to running.  

I would concede that fact.  On the other hand, not many complete, solid brass era cars in the 8000-12000 price range are available…

1856363639_Screenshot_20220724-091115_PDFReader.jpg.aa8ec171c3529b9d33905858206ebdce.jpg Yes this is not a fully optioned car.  The sales brochure shows what was included when it was fully optioned. You are correct it is red.  We have no idea why, and its priced with that in mind. If you would like to come see it we could have it running for you.

Screenshot_20220724-091228_PDF Reader.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We were hoping to hear more about the disposal of this car. Since no other photos have come forth I had limitied my response with the very correct original car images from the AACA museum. Talking to others with similar cars I related the severly altered state of this vehicle. Touring car fenders on the rear, fillers on the splash shields where the original rear fender profile would have been. Cut down or replaced original wheels with what appeared to be late 1920s 21" wheels/rims/tires. Otherwise it looks to be a good start of a brass era project.

Right. Because of its age it would be a fun car to tackle. I would not have known what you know Larry. Nor may the next buyer.  

I would call that color “resale red”.  Not sure if the car comes with take off original parts or not. I would hate to try and source correct 110 year old parts.  

Original poster - did your car sell?

Hi. I’ve been reading this website for many years and finally registered this evening to be able to participate. The 1912 Buick has changed hands and I’m the new owner. The car is definitely a project!  From some research I have done I’d say it isn’t a Model 36 but a Model 34 as the wheelbase is 90.7". The wheels are small, they are the same size as on my 1926 Standard Six. The owner said he had the original wheels but I was unable to get them when I picked up the car. Thank you Larry for clearing up one question I had after getting the car home and that is why the rear tires aren’t under the fenders correctly. I was told the engine runs well but I haven’t tried to start it yet. I do have a couple of questions I hope someone could help me with - why is there a line from the bottom tank of the radiator to the carburetor and then back up to the water jacket and how do you free a stuck cone clutch? Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tractractor:

I just saw this update on the 1912. I am glad it has found a better home. As I had suspected this has been a much modified car. If you could provide us with more photos then we can start sorting out any issues. We wish you much luck with the car. I would post your question about the cone clutch seperately for better response.