1946 Triump 1800 roadster $4995 Not Mine

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/376755774543722No photo description available.

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Very Rare Car Were only 46 imported from England except this one came on Navy Ship #47 No Motor or Tranny Fairly strait, All Glass in tact. Some misc parts Last production of suicide doors. May have lead to motor and Tranny. Call John for more info. (Last pic had number )I am posting add for him. excepting offers!

Not unlike an MG T type, the frame is pretty sturdy and a pretty substantial wood framed body I believe but not overly powerful engine for that weight. 

The dickey, or rumble seat would require someone much smaller and more agile than me to get in and out of.

Seems cheap to me. Complicated , expensive cars to restore . In the UK at least they command some pretty healthy prices. The generaly low market value in North America leads to quite a few cars of this general type , early Sunbeam Alpines, Riley dropheads , roadsters and these Triumphs being sold back to England where they have a much stronger following.

• Like 2

I still regret not getting a project TR2 that was complete with extra parts for about $2500.  Close to me.  Still bugs me.  I had an early TR4 at the time. I had about had it with huge heavy American cars. 

You don’t necessarily buy this car for sporting fun. More just as a heirloom fun to show car.  

They are cool but as Greg pointed out, less appreciated here.  I thought one woukd have been a good stablemate for my TR-6 once.  

Not as rare I think as seller says as I have seen a few, but none really nice.  This CT car is a good driver but not a full restoration.  Guy hits a lot of events though.

I recentky saw a complete running car for $14k fb marketplace I think.

20190804_122828.jpg

• Like 1

In the world of regrets, I turned down the chance to buy a nice running and driving TR-3 for $800 in 1974.  Living in an apartment at the time and no garage made it somewhat easy to pass on it.  In retrospect it was a dumb move.

5 hours ago, TerryB said:

In the world of regrets, I turned down the chance to buy a nice running and driving TR-3 for $800 in 1974.  Living in an apartment at the time and no garage made it somewhat easy to pass on it.  In retrospect it was a dumb move.

I bet everybody on this forum has a "regret" story or two! About 1969 a guy wanted to trade me a 300SL Roadster for my '66 Porsche 912 plus $500. I was scared off by look of the engine...it looked like something from the far future! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

I bet everybody on this forum has a "regret" story or two! About 1969 a guy wanted to trade me a 300SL Roadster for my '66 Porsche 912 plus $500. I was scared off by look of the engine...it looked like something from the far future! 

I had a 69 912 Porsche that I traded for a 86 300sl.That was the dumbest thing I 've ever done.I ended up selling the so on e-bay as bought a 74 mgb which I still have.

1 hour ago, Buick35 said:

I had a 69 912 Porsche that I traded for a 86 300sl.That was the dumbest thing I 've ever done.I ended up selling the so on e-bay as bought a 74 mgb which I still have.

I've had a lot of interesting cars over the years, but I think if I could only get one of them back it would be my old 912.