1936 Auburn 4 dr Sedan -Rare Antique Car - $5,500 (New Orleans)

00909_eApHdDeOJEtz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

1936 Very Rare Auburn four door sedan with hump back trunk, solid car to restore or modify. Engine is a Lycoming built (for Auburn) aluminum head 6 cylinder engine complete with 3 speed manual transmission. These were very rare back in 1936 and rarer today as Auburn stopped making cars in 1936 so this is the last of this style. It has the same front grill and hood ornament as the very expensive 35/36 Auburn boat-tailed speedsters. This car lists in the Old Car Price Guide as a number 5 condition (not running but restorable and not a parts car) has a value of $6,380.00. I bought this car out of St Louis and can only provide a bill of sale on this vehicle. The car is missing the glove box door and seats but all other parts are present (bumpers, rear fenders) as it is basically a "barn find car". Parts to restore this are easily available from the Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg factory (ACD Factory) in Broken Arrow, OK where all the original factory parts for Auburns are available as well as other Auburn vendors you can find on the internet. Car has been in dry storage for over 15 years and prior history is not known. Cash only on pick up, no other form or payment accepted. Hot Rod, Street Rod, Antique Car, Classic Car, 1930, 1931, 1932, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1937, 1938, 1939 automobile.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/harvey-1936-auburn-dr-sedan-rare/7506694263.html

• Like 2

Look at the photos …….solid car to restore? I want what he is smoking. Maybe only half a dose. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Several years ago I saw one of these for sale in Puyallup, WA. It looked pretty solid. I went over for a closer look and it had a 1970s smogger 6 cylinder in it and an automatic transmission. Bleh. If you had that car and this one, you might have something.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Are the floors in these still wood? Or just  main insert area’s?  Did they ever have full steel floors? Packard was still using wood for the sill/floor structure in 1937. I had a 1931 Auburn, those used a lot of wood in the construction of the body.

Floors are wood on the 35/36 Auburn.

• Like 1