Quick Jack. For Those That Asked About It.

avgwarhawk

There were many questions about the Quick Jack in my starter thread. I took some pictures and can provide real world usage of the Quick Jack.  Full lift is 22 inches.  May not seem like a lot but truth be told a transmission could be dropped and removed at this height. Exhaust work can be done. Suspension work can be performed.  And polishing the rockers is a breeze. Of course tire rotation and oil change.

The unit has a hydraulic pump that runs on 110 volts.  The hydraulic lines are quick disconnect. The fluid used is transmission fluid.  The lift locks in two positions and a vehicle can sit on the unit indefinitely. 

Only downside is gaining access to the underside of the vehicle is from the front or rear.  Not a big issue but some extra steps to get to the job at hand. 

I have not used a floor jack or jack stands since I purchased this lift. $1100.00 on sale.  With every penny in my opinion. .

PXL_20220718_205916406.jpg

PXL_20220718_205944073.jpg

PXL_20220718_212357840.jpg

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Daves1940Buick56S said:

How heavy is each assembly? Can one person move them easily? I am thinking they could lift the car and then jack stands placed and then the jack assys lowered and moved out of the way to enable all-around access

True?

The assembly are heavy but on one end there are wheels which make it easier to move around the garage. Just drag it like a hand cart.  Depending on the chassis yes jack stands could be placed under and Quick Jack removed.  But the design of these lifts it has not impeded any repairs I have performed.  Most times we are under the engine changing oil.  

• Thanks 1

I've been enjoying my Quick Jack for over 2 years now. Very satisfied. Excellent for any under car work or sitting on a stool working on brakes, etc. I still place jack stands under each corner of the frame for safety.

Sliding under from front or rear is facilitated by laying on flattened cardboard boxes and push with legs.

Add a pillow, becomes a hide-a-way from wife.😀

When done, lower car and push the 2 lift frames in under center of car so wheels clear, then back her out.

image.jpeg.634cd80cbb5cb13df6ce89af406569bf.jpeg

• Like 6

I store mine under the car as well.  They do provide two pulls to reach the lifts and bring out to position them. Just makes sense to leave them under the car.  And definitely great when using a wheeled stool.  Polishing the fenders, brake work and the like.  

58 minutes ago, NailheadBob said:

@avgwarhawk thanks for all the additional details and great photos for the Quick Jack.

Bob

You're welcome.  Honestly, I don't dread lifting cars like I did with jack stands and floor jacks.  Jacking up one corner. Going to the next. Hearing creaks and groans as the one single jack does it's best to hold the car.  I just never liked the process. 

• Like 2

These   are used  by  many many   Porsche owners,---although i never  purchased one,

they have a  great  reputation  from those owners,---are  from time to time, are on special

on Pelican parts  supplies---US.

• JohnD1956 locked and unlocked this topic
On 7/19/2022 at 2:29 PM, JanZverina said:

Is it suitable for X-frames such as in early Rivieras?

I went with a non-powered Kwik Lift after watching a friend enjoy one for a season. Definitely my choice for the X-frame.

006.JPG.9d9122a0339577cf8eb1e98c3cab46cd.JPG

003.JPG.756cf1823e17a3227399f0624aee2ba8.JPG

It also has a 22" rise and requires entry under the front. I bought mine used. I seem to remember paying $800. When I am happy I forget the price, not happy I know to the penny.

I don't do a lot of under car work so it is nice to just drive up half way for a quick oil change, exhaust adjustment, side touch ups, and the like. I also bought a laser light to shoot the center of my windshield as a guide but have not had an urgent need to install it. Maybe I will change my tune tomorrow. I have to back my '60 Electra up it for some muffler hanger work. Could be exciting.

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1