'64 Buick Skylark Upper Radiator Support Wanted

Machine Gun

OK, here's the long shot of the week: I need a radiator upper support bracket for my Skylark. I just received a new radiator that has three rows of tubes like cars that were equipped with heavy-duty cooling. A/C equipped cars would have used this bracket. The H-D radiator tank is wider than the stock tank, which is only 2.25" wide. I need a bracket where the opening is 2.5" wide like in the photo. I'm reaching out to vendors, but if anyone has a parts car with the right bracket please contact me. I prefer to use an original part, but if no joy I'll go the universal route.

F3F9119F-92D2-49F7-BC2D-17876D208ED6.jpeg.5bfaa19430b191a86b7cba335c8549ad.jpegC2C1DA3A-2C0C-48E8-80C2-0E872B4DB37D.jpeg.5aa6778fe391460cb6ace1b60dea68ff.jpeg

Hi Al:

Thanx for the suggestion. I cut the original bracket and joined the pieces back together 1/4 in. apart with a steel mending plate. The new tank is 1/2" taller than the original, but I was able to do some bending in a vise to get the stock bracket to take up the vertical slack. I couldn't find a local shop willing to do such a small job and I don't know anyone with a welder, hence the mending plate solution.  It's far from elegant, but it will meet my needs. It's a very presentable car, but it's not a show car. Once the heat and humidity drop to the levels recommended on the paint can I'll spray the bracket and put it back on the car. If a proper bracket shows up I'll buy it, but this will do for now.

• 1 month later...