Bonnie Parker photo - is the Ford a '33 or a '34?

nzcarnerd

22 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

I'm thinking 1933 without the bumper guards. Not sure if the '33 had them.

I thought there was a greater chance it was a '33 due to their deaths in May of '34. The hubcap isn't s clear as it might be for identification.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DFeeney said:

Does not the actual car still exist?  I remember seeing it for sale many years ago. 

The sedan they were killed in still exists. Don't know about a coupe of "theirs".

Like "Washington slept here". They stole so many cars over their few years crime spree, and took so many pictures of themselves with them. Clyde Barrow wrote a famous letter to Henry Ford telling how he preferred the new Ford V8 "whenever (he) could get away with one"! But they stole pretty much anything when they needed it.

Over the years, I think more than a hundred cars were later claimed to had been stolen by Bonnie and Clyde. Some manufactured after they had been killed.

"History" does strange things sometimes. They were both disgusting losers with a nasty mean streak inside themselves. Elevated to legendary status while they were still alive. They continue to still be treated with respect they really never did deserve.

Sorry. But that is me talking.

• Like 10

On 7/18/2022 at 4:53 PM, keiser31 said:

The sedan they were killed in still exists. Don't know about a coupe of "theirs".

As do several fakes, obvious because the bullet hole patterns don't match - some aren't even Fords. 🤣

One they did steal is this rare 1932 Ford Convertible Sedan (400-B) - there are several other photos of them with it.  IIRC, the owner bought it new and hadn't had it long - it eventually was recovered unscathed and returned to him.

4693481f296bcef0fc6779a62a76adf2.jpg&f=1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...