ac compressor

handmedownreatta

• 3 weeks later...

Just removing the radiator will give you room to get it out and another one in.

I purchased my compressor, accumulator, and condensor got them all from Rock Auto

I had ordered the compressor and accumulator and when I got the radiator out I noticed the condensor was leaking,  so ordering the condensor was later and I 

had to wait for it to arrive to complete the job. 

There were also some issues with "O" rings...... no instructions with anything on what "O" rings to use even if they came with the part. 

Some just did not seem correct so I ordered a refrigerant "O" kit, should have a lifetime supply of "O" rings 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Barney Eaton said:

Just removing the radiator will give you room to get it out and another one in.

I purchased my compressor, accumulator, and condensor got them all from Rock Auto

I had ordered the compressor and accumulator and when I got the radiator out I noticed the condensor was leaking,  so ordering the condensor was later and I 

had to wait for it to arrive to complete the job. 

There were also some issues with "O" rings...... no instructions with anything on what "O" rings to use even if they came with the part. 

Some just did not seem correct so I ordered a refrigerant "O" kit, should have a lifetime supply of "O" rings 

my condensor is mangled from the wreck.i just didn't want the car undrivable for two weeks.

Agree on replacing all of it up front. I did similar to Barney and replaced the three major parts mentioned, plus ordered an o-ring kit and refrigerant oil to match the original. I stayed with R12. Rock Auto was my source as well. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...