A text message while out sorting a car….and another car adventure begins….

edinmass

34 minutes ago, 3macboys said:

And I was thinking 33 Chrysler

Not a Mopar guy…….even from 1931-1933 Imperial’s. 

5 hours ago, edinmass said:

Yup…….Phil and I will pound it out. It’s crazy busy here, and lots of shows in the pipeline. Pebble. San Morino, visiting shops in LA area, and a few tours tossed in. No rest for the poor…….

You can have it. Running around to get there. The working on the cars is the easy part. Shows are half politics the other half is propping rich guys  butts up on silk pillows. Never could do it. Good luck.

• Like 1

George…….it pays the bills…….and manages to keep me in interesting prewar cars. If I never saw a show field again, I would be perfectly  contented. We all must take the good, with the bad. Hell, I haven’t washed one of my collector cars in over five years………..just drive them. As time goes by, the shiner it is, the less intrest I have in it, 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

This reminds me of the thread asking for help but not revealing the 'super secret car'.  If its bought and a done deal, why not just say what it is?  

Want to shoot video and photos of it coming out of its parking spot the last 65 years………and, from past history here…….the guessing game is fun and entertainment for many.

• Like 5

Not a Nash……good guess. It meets the rare and unusual criteria, certainly the best guess so far. This particular car is particularly rare. I can’t find five other known examples…………. and every other known example is totally restored, except one basket case. 

27 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

This reminds me of the thread asking for help but not revealing the 'super secret car'.  If its bought and a done deal, why not just say what it is?  

Well, in the case of my other thread, a deposit has been placed and an agreement has been made, but final transfer of money and cars has not been made.

If I told what the cars were, the collection could be easily identified and tracked by some people if they so desired, and could possibly talk the owner out of selling to us.  Don't think that would happen knowing the players, but.....

Think that can't happen?  It happened to me when I was living in New Orleans.  Had a friend with a car, I'd driven it and liked it.  Called him one day and said I'd like to make a deal on the car, we agreed to a price.  I told him I'd head over and give him a deposit.  "Oh, no" he said, "we're friends and I know you're good for it, no deposit required".  Meanwhile, I mention the deal to a couple of other people, excited to have the car coming to me.  Next thing you know, one of those guys had gone to the owner, offered him more for car, and the owner cut me out of the deal.  With friends like that, who needs enemas ........

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, edinmass said:

A few cases of Crown Royal will allow you to attend the “Edgar the Duce” college of automobile sorting. One case per credit. 120 credits required to graduate…….after all we are accredited! 

Finally! A mental and fine arts institution of which I belong at!! 
😂🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, edinmass said:

A few cases of Crown Royal will allow you to attend the “Edgar the Duce” college of automobile sorting. One case per credit. 120 credits required to graduate…….after all we are accredited! 

Sounds like Trump University

• Haha 1

None of the above guesses is correct...........I only collect American cars. I sure wish it was a Model 98 phaeton(better than any V-8 Caddy!).......that's on my want to own list.........factory body on the newly acquired car. For me, this one is expanding my horizons. In the end, it's gonna be Phil's car anyway. We are truly partners in crime, and he carries most of the load when we service the cars........all the long hours of disassembly and cleaning that are the drudge of the task.......important, and to most people unappreciated . Phil is OLD SCHOOL HARD AS NAILS...........its why we get stuff done...........the shut up and fix it attitude.........he is a machine that just doesn't stop. We work 7 days a week besides our daily regular obligations. Work hard, live hard, play hard. It's all fun in the end.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

You’re getting warmer.  This car reminds me of that car in a lot of ways.

Who said you can flap you lips? 

• Haha 1