For Sale: 1956 Chrysler Imperial - "Hemi survivor" - "Very solid and rust free car" - "Runs and drives great" - Shreve, OH - Not Mine - 8/6 Reduced - 8/13 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1956 Chrysler Imperial 4-door Sedan in Shreve, OH  -  $20,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

On 8/6, Seller reduced price to $19,000 and relisted

Link to relisted ad: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1762500407435032/1956-Chrysler-Imperial

Seller's Description:

1956 Chrysler Imperial 4-door Sedan

• 3+ owners
  • Driven 46,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Beige · Interior color: Beige
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

Due to a few no shows I'm relisting my 1956 Imperial up for sale. It has a great running 354 Hemi with the 3 speed push button automatic transmission. Runs and drives great. Car is a great Survivor with only 46,000 original miles.

• Dual exhaust. Power steering, power brakes, power windows, and power antenna and even front power seat. A/c works but i feel will need recharged.
  • All lights and turn signals and horn all work
  • Very solid and rust free Kansas car

Car had one repaint about 25 years ago by the previous owner and it still shows very good. Car was painted in its original desert rose color. Interior is in great shape. The car has been garage kept all of its life. You can hop in and drive this car anywhere. Guaranteed to be the only one at any show. It gets a lot of attention anywhere you go. Asking $20,000 or best offer. Clean Ohio title in my name. Located in Shreve Ohio.

image.png.1ad50e140d85a283b417426bb1a01635.png

image.png.6d43ae9d45271f81f5d08ffbe4eecbd2.png

image.png.d86fdac5b41f0783c6d0454ba8a5eaeb.png

image.png.a151487425023e437256f06a651701c1.png

image.png.61dc37b6a2b7d7da37ac3d39b952eec7.png

image.png.ffae0e5e5b0d87badeeed4bf95d3eafe.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Very clean looking, well maintained car. I even like the color combination, but this car is a bit unusual and may not be a winner for all people IMO. 

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Chrysler Imperial - "Hemi survivor" - "Very solid and rust free car" - "Runs and drives great" - Shreve, OH - Not Mine - 8/6 Reduced

Not inexpensive when new.  
A 56 Imperial sedan cost more than a 56 Lincoln convertible.  

• Like 1

As John notes-they went the cheap route on seat upholstery. For Mopar purists and club members, this is not acceptable for a $18,000 car.  

I still like the car but to correct the seating with that “Imperial” festooned clothe and leather you are looking at $3,000.  So you go up to the seller, serious, and point this out and offer $14,000, and get laughed at.  

Another market “thing” I have noticed is that everyone is going to Facebook marketplace over Craigslist because, well Facebook marketplace is the latest and greatest but also because Craigslist charges $5 for 30 days now.  

But ads drop fast on Facebook marketplace and in some cases I never see them again unless I save them.   So if saved, and you do a specific search most times it does not come up in my search.  

But on Craigslist I can punch in a search for 1956 Imperial and this would ALWAYS pop up until the ad expired.  

So maybe people can’t find it.  

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Chrysler Imperial - "Hemi survivor" - "Very solid and rust free car" - "Runs and drives great" - Shreve, OH - Not Mine - 8/6 Reduced - 8/13 SOLD!