1929 Ford Phaeton - $31,000 (Helena, MT) Not Mine

The ad states that this Model A is an older restoration with fiberglass fenders.   Are older restoration Model A's with fiberglass fenders bringing $31,000?

Not Mine Craig's List ad:

https://helena.craigslist.org/cto/d/helena-1929-ford-phaeton/7507705265.html

Older Restoration Ford Model A Phaeton. 5 Passenger. Top folds down. Original motor and brakes. 6-volt system w/alternator instead of a generator. Runs and drives great. Fenders are fiberglass and paint is in decent conditions. Does have some chips in the paint. Price is $31,000 OBO.

1  00d0d_lOiOCkI98xNz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00p0p_diRUt9GXoeRz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg  00t0t_38vRAqtkD4vz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00K0K_2ORi4UwjFLPz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg  01515_f1PXjTM8Uagz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Not Mine.  I have no interest in the sale of this 1929 Ford Model A.  

Nope.  That money should buy a fine point open A.  

I am always surprised at the number restored As w fiberglass fenders when steel repops have been available forever, and nice  fenders keep showing up now as these cars get bought by rodders who usually shed things like fenders, running boards and such as step #1.

• Like 3

I think the phaetons are near the top of the Model A heap, and this one is a really good looking car. But I agree with Steve Mack on this one. If I were a buyer the first thing needed would be a fender replacement =$$.  

On a related note, there was a '32 coupe fenderless hot rod at a show I attended. Fiberglass body. It was just ok. The casting seam was still around the belt line of the car that wasnt even sanded when the car was painted!! IT won a trophy.

• Like 2

As steel cars become an affordable option a lot of rodders turn noses up a glass cars.  

No where is paying a little more for a lot better car a good plan than in the A part of the hobby.  Kerry that blue 30 or 31 roadster will beat 6k due to the rodder part of the market, yet 15k buys a pretty nice roadster as has been discussed elsewhere here.

For comparison on this phaeton, not sure what my neighbor finally pulled out of his but he was asking $27k for a 28 AR, or early A phaeton. They are desirable due to some unique features, but basically same car.  Older proper restoration, ex MARC and AACA national winner.  He sorted it to ultra reliable touring shape and cosmetics were excellent.  

I would take 5k to 7k off just because it's high and another 3, 4k off for fenders.  It adds up to find, paint and swap these out and it's a bit of a hassle to fix a substandard major component and you gain little cosmetically.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Kerry deductions in touring class, non starter in high point for MAEC, MAFCA.  AACA should be a deduction, I think a significant one.  Abuse from fellow club members I imagine would be intense. 😯😉😁

Spotted an older restoration, 30, 31 roadster on fb market this AM. CT car, glass front fenders, 12k.  Much, much better buy than blue car we were discussing despite that.  30, 31 fenders are not hard to source.  Also a nice 31 phaeton, looks to be driver quality, new, incorrect tan canvass but attractive  top.  VA i think, $16k, if I were looking that would be one to check out...

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 2