Question on camshaft removal on '31 PLY 4 .

ArticiferTom

Not sure what you mean . I backed off adjustment enough to have tappet not touching cam surface . Took a pry bar bump to move the little I got . Now moves easily back forth 3/16" Do not need to pull valves so am leaving head on . In process of cleaning oil galley system .

Yes , they are ty-rap to above cam lobes . Going to try a few more thing tomorrow one is vacuuming channel . Maybe debris hang up . Looks like center lobe on drawing as groove . I was concerned was missing a clip or set screw some where  . Will post results .

• Like 1

Allan Thanks  , Yes Hole is full of babbitt . This is reason for disassembly .Talk to someone on phone tonight thought maybe front thrust bearing holder which is coming out with , maybe keyed to engine on insertion . something to check tomorrow . I may have to pull fibre front gear .

Jack M is the Winner it was center bearing hitting edge of valve . I used a dowel against temple to hear knock . Located to center , where could not see . ( insert happy dance ) . Got to get valve compressor tomorrow and raise it more . Also got upper main shell half out . Need to layout and have grooves machine in them now .  Thanks all .

• Like 3