vacum line

63 nut

Took 63 riviera out  and brakes did not feel right. Noticed pedal not returning very well and when applying pressure they made an odd almost whistle like noise. This was done while sitting still. I did find a vacume line comming out from behind the left hood hing going nowhere. Any ideas. Thanks Dave

Hey 63nut!  what appears to be a vacuum line coming out of that dark hole could be the hose meant to go from the windshield washer reservoir to the washer pump (which is down in that hole) or one of the lines from the pump to the spray heads.    drew

Thanks I did not know the washer pump was in there. The vacume line to the booster is good however it comes from the intake in front of the carb ( does not appear to be orignal carb ). Is it possible that the noise is normal and I am hearing it because the gromet that goes in the firewall around the rod is missing.  All your information is helpfull. I would like to send pictures but I am the oddball no cell phone. Thanks everone

On a 63, the vacuum line to the power booster comes from a port in the front of the intake manifold.  If your car has A/C the port has a T in it that splits vacuum to the power booster and the A/C control box on the right inner fender.  The windshield wiper motor/washer pump is located on the firewall behind the inner fender. A Rubber hose would come from there and attach to the cover (with attached tube) for the washer fluid reservoir.  Nothing having to do with vacuum and brakes comes/goes through the firewall.