Tail light assembly

jonlabree

52 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

I wonder if even a new one has discoloration.  I’m not sure , I am just curious.  

No, I have a new one and it is flawless.  Low mileage garage queens lenses are also usually perfect as well, it's the sun that does it when they sit out much or sit in a garage where the sun comes in the doors on them 

Most can be brought back to life on the outside with some time and elbow grease. It's when they get dirty on the inside that is a real problem. Mine was dirty inside so I just tinted it on the outside to hide it. Mine's just a driver and I didn't want to take the taillight apart and take a chance on breaking it. I got it a little too dark but it still looks good. It's just not stock.

SAM_3167.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/13/2022 at 4:51 PM, Ronnie said:

Most can be brought back to life on the outside with some time and elbow grease. It's when they get dirty on the inside that is a real problem. Mine was dirty inside so I just tinted it on the outside to hide it. Mine's just a driver and I didn't want to take the taillight apart and take a chance on breaking it. I got it a little too dark but it still looks good. It's just not stock.

SAM_3167.jpg

how do you get around the letters?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...