WANTED 1935 1936 Pontiac teardrop taillights

1995 was the last time i seen an early `36 tail light, at Chickasha, Okla. Pre-war Meet, and the only one i`ve ever seen.. I doubt there was very many of these produced before the change to the round style tail light assembly.  Nice looking coupe, your car(?) or picture to show tail light you`re looking for. I may have some lens/bezels, would have to check.

Fellow AACA member Bob Shafto has a `36 coupe and a `36 Cabriolet, his coupe, which he has owned about 50+yr,  has the early tail lights, only one i`ve ever seen with both L&R. Picture attached. I`ll have to find where the lens/bezels are stashed. http://www.badgoat.net/Early%20Times/Shafto_36-2607A.jpg

• Like 1

Wow thanks for the photo, now I have seen two photos of these lights on real cars. LOL. I bet the brackets they are mounted on will be just as hard to find. They look like the brackets on the standard round taillight, the flat back side of these teardrop lights are a much smaller area & oval shaped. They probably are made just for these lights?

The `36 Pontiac round lens/can, is the same as `36 Buick 40 series, stands are different. Round can stands, are totally different from the early `36 stand. `35-36 Chevy Master tail light stands may be the closest, to the early `36 Pontiac stand. I think most 35-36 Pontiacs only had a left tail light, right side was an option, stands are probably L&R, and the right can is same as the left except has no tag lens cutout. I would think impossible to find. I`ll try to send you a PM(personal message) on the lens/bezel, you being a "newby", may not let me. Where are you located? I`m in Texas.

20 hours ago, pont35cpe said:

The `36 Pontiac round lens/can, is the same as `36 Buick 40 series, stands are different. Round can stands, are totally different from the early `36 stand. `35-36 Chevy Master tail light stands may be the closest, to the early `36 Pontiac stand. I think most 35-36 Pontiacs only had a left tail light, right side was an option, stands are probably L&R, and the right can is same as the left except has no tag lens cutout. I would think impossible to find. I`ll try to send you a PM(personal message) on the lens/bezel, you being a "newby", may not let me. Where are you located? I`m in Texas.

I'm in Oregon, Did you find your lenses?

• 2 months later...