For Sale: 1947 Chevrolet Fleetline Sportmaster 4 door Sedan - Project - $3,400 - Eden Prairie, MN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1947 Chevrolet Fleetline Sportmaster 4 door Sedan - Project - $3,400 - Eden Prairie, MN

1947 chevrolet fleetline 4 door - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1947 Chev fleet line four door. Body is in very nice shape. 6 banger 3 spd. Has not run in a couple years. If interested.
Copy and paste in your email: aa50d60fcf9134faa10bc80719a69bd0@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1947 Chevrolet Fleetline Sportmaster 4 door Sedan - Project.

'47 chevrolet fleetline 4dr MN a.jpg

'47 chevrolet fleetline 4dr MN b.jpg

'47 chevrolet fleetline 4dr MN c.jpg

'47 chevrolet fleetline 4dr MN d.jpg

• Like 3

Agree.  The lack of the quarter windows really helps a lot.  My favorite bodystyles for these postwar small body GMs are coupe and this one (after convertible or wagon, but before the fastbacks).  Had a 47 Chevy coupe for a short time, one of only 2 cars I had I never drove and the only one that didn't run under my ownership.  

This one looks like it could be an ideal first antique for someone.  

Had one almost identical in the late '60s, but it was a '48, for about 2 days. It was the family car and I removed the battery and sent it to the junk yard ($25.) The car ran well but needed a brake job. The yard worker drove that car many years after, so it had a good life.

Edited by JFranklin (see edit history)

The 1946-'48 Fleetline sub-series DK, EK & FK were a two model, topline offering as this Sportmaster 4dr sedan and Aero Sedan 2dr sedanette (fastback).  They featured upholstery fabric exclusive to this subseries and the triple speed line fender moldings.  Other than the convertibles and station wagons, these were the most expensive models Chevrolet fielded, something of any early Impala or Caprice series in concept.