For Sale: 1954 Buick Super 2dr Hardtop - "Good solid car that hasn’t been messed with" - Project - Factory a/c - Canton, OH - Not Mine - 7/8 & 7/7 Reduced - 7/9 Deleted

For sale on Craigslist: 1954 Buick Super 2-door Hardtop in Canton, OH  -  $7,000  -  Call: 330 9 three 6 7 zero 7 zero

On 7/7, Seller reduced price to $6,000

On 7/8, Seller reduced price to $5,500

Link: https://parkersburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/canton-1954-buick-super/7503604146.html

Seller's Description:

1954 Buick Super 2-door Hardtop

• odometer: 85,000
  • transmission: automatic
  • title status: clean

1954 Buick Super 2dr Hardtop 322 nailhead, automatic transmission, power windows, air car. Car hasn’t been on the road for many years. Plugs have been pulled and cylinders oiled down. Engine turns over with a bar. Good solid car that hasn’t been messed with. Old lacquer paint is cracked. Ohio title. Located in Canton Ohio.

***On 7/8, Seller added "BAD ENGINE" to the description.

image.png.acc64afa405afe2773ff2b26862e4a85.png

image.png.833b1de39c583d590fd146be57d3ab83.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Notice that the rear windows are manual and the front door windows are power-operated. Also notice the oil filler tube extension due to the presence of the A/C compressor. It appears to be a factory-made extension due to the matching "tower top" clamps that hold both parts together, but I've never seen that before. Very nice car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Notice that the rear windows are manual and the front door windows are power-operated. Also notice the oil filler tube extension due to the presence of the A/C compressor. It appears to be a factory-made extension due to the matching "tower top" clamps that hold both parts together, but I've never seen that before. Very nice car.

Good Eye Pete, I learn something new almost every time I am on this forum, GOOD stuff here.

Bob

EDIT: Just for chuckles I looked up in parts book, Group: 1.745 Extension, oil filler tube, and Hose, oil filler tube extension, was used 1953-54-55 special equipment by engine number W/A-C

Edited by NailheadBob
update (see edit history)
  • Like 5

On 7/3/2022 at 10:38 AM, Pete Phillips said:

Also notice the oil filler tube extension due to the presence of the A/C compressor. It appears to be a factory-made extension due to the matching "tower top" clamps that hold both parts together, but I've never seen that before.

i just gifted @Kosage Chavis this pipe and connector. 
The front power and rear manual are typical special order  accessory for Super, full power for Roadmaster. Gotta wonder why the original purchaser didn’t just order a Roadmaster. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, MrEarl said:

i just gifted @Kosage Chavis this pipe and connector. 
The front power and rear manual are typical special order  accessory for Super, full power for Roadmaster. Gotta wonder why the original purchaser didn’t just order a Roadmaster. 

4th of July car show we had a discussion about this car, and its 2 items, the oil fill extension tube, none of the other BCA members at the show have seen this, including 1954 and 1955 Buick owners, they have seen where a Buick member bought a parts car with A/C, and transferred A/C to there car and used different valve covers with the oil fill caps in the valve covers. The front power window option, with manual rear windows, would have been cheaper just to buy a Roadmaster, and better to drive, and better resale value later down the road. Buick would rather have a "Super" car sold going down the street, even though is cost more with options than a Roadmaster, rather than losing a customer thinking (Roadmaster I can not afford that) and another Buick sold and on the road for Buick, that is what we all agreed upon, the later of the sales thinking, and that is that and were sticking to it lol.

Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Buick Super 2dr Hardtop - "Good solid car that hasn’t been messed with" - Project - Factory a/c - Canton, OH - Not Mine - 7/7 Reduced

I’ve got some turned dash panels, two portholes, a four barrel intake and Roadmaster data and serial plate if someone wants to turn this into a Roadmaster. 
That was a joke son, I say, I say a joke son!!!!!

6,000 seems to be a very fair price if not eat up with rust. If I was a young man…..

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Buick Super 2dr Hardtop - "Good solid car that hasn’t been messed with" - Project - Factory a/c - Canton, OH - Not Mine - 7/8 & 7/7 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Buick Super 2dr Hardtop - "Good solid car that hasn’t been messed with" - Project - Factory a/c - Canton, OH - Not Mine - 7/8 & 7/7 Reduced - 7/9 Deleted