1995 Buick Riveria Issues

95rivfromhell

I have a 1995 buick riveria with 201,000km,

While driving, Sometimes the voltage light will come on and the car will power off usually happens on deceleration there isn't a jolt or anything you just turns off.

If you put it in park it will start up no problem sometimes the traction control light and check engine light will turn on but they're always gone when u park the car even for a few seconds turn it off and start it up again.

None of the steering wheel buttons work, and the radio sometimes is just static besides the stalling I can live with everything else it is a great car without a spec of rust on it any ideas what could be causing any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Also for background the car just came from the buick dealership having a new rear knock sensor, speed sensor and some other engine wiring replaced.

The car has only been on the road for about a month sense being in the shop and have had the stalling issues sense the day after having the car back. before going into the dealership it was parked after supposedly the speed sensor had sent the transmission into limp mode on a road trip.

Edited by 95rivfromhell
Bad Grammer (see edit history)

I really did try to read your post all in one breath due to your lack of punctuation, but ran out of air...just sayin'

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

sounds like that nigerian prince that says he has this uncle who has all this money for me and all I need to do is contact him and give him the details of my life and he'll send me the money right away you know him he's been trying for months now to get in touch with you because the warranty on your car is about to expire and you do t want to get caught paying out of pocket for an engine rebuild or replace a transmission mr smith from timbuckto says without my warranty id have had to pay six thousand samolians out of pocket for these repairs so act now and send that relief check to the address below and make sure that these refugees don't go hungry

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RivNut said:

sounds like that nigerian prince that says he has this uncle who has all this money for me and all I need to do is contact him and give him the details of my life and he'll send me the money right away you know him he's been trying for months now to get in touch with you because the warranty on your car is about to expire and you do t want to get caught paying out of pocket for an engine rebuild or replace a transmission mr smith from timbuckto says without my warranty id have had to pay six thousand samolians out of pocket for these repairs so act now and send that relief check to the address below and make sure that these refugees don't go hungry

My Bad Wasn't worried about grammer when I posted,  I've separated the reading into paragraphs for ease on the eyes. 

• Like 1

In the ROA, there are two guys who are tech advisors for the cars equipped with the 3800 V6.  Neither of whom are on this forum.  They offer advice to ROA members through the ROA’s Riview (magazine.) As long as you own a Riviera, there’s no reason not to belong.  The link in my signature is to the ROA’s website where you can find membership information.

If I read you correctly, you're saying that the stalling issue started right after the car came back from having some repairs performed by a dealership...including some wiring (?). Then I recommend that you bring it back to them and say, "fix this".  I too recommend that you join the ROA.

Edited by dship (see edit history)

On 7/2/2022 at 6:37 AM, dship said:

If I read you correctly, you're saying that the stalling issue started right after the car came back from having some repairs performed by a dealership...including some wiring (?). Then I recommend that you bring it back to them and say, "fix this".  I too recommend that you join the ROA.

On 7/3/2022 at 9:36 PM, psychostang said:

I would check all positive and negative cables and wires from the alternator and block too the battery and power distribution box.  Sounds like you have a loose connection.

Thank you both for the help funny enough it was the maf sensor slapped a new one in she runs a hell of a lot better

• Like 1