Just now, The 55er said:

That red & white striped Dodge at the top right is a model of the 1965 Ramchargers Candymatic drag race car that was popular at the time.

Great minds think alike!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Back in the day, I built that model of the '65 Dodge Coronet (I think that is the correct model designation) - the Ramchargers drag car, but

I cut the front fenders and rear quarters and frame to alter the wheel base, just as the "funny cars" evolved to altered wheelbase cars.  That 

was a really cool model.  I was so proud after I did that modification.  I should find another kit and do it again.

8 hours ago, wldavis said:

Back in the day, I built that model of the '65 Dodge Coronet (I think that is the correct model designation) - the Ramchargers drag car, but

I cut the front fenders and rear quarters and frame to alter the wheel base, just as the "funny cars" evolved to altered wheelbase cars.  That 

was a really cool model.  I was so proud after I did that modification.  I should find another kit and do it again.

Here you go, Bill:

AMT 1965 Dodge Coronet (Snap) 1:25 Scale Kit | Round2 (round2corp.com)

Update! Moebius 65 Dodges - Car Kit News & Reviews - Model Cars Magazine Forum

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wldavis said:

I did something similar, still have it.

DSCF1651.JPG

DSCF1652.JPG

DSCF1654.JPG

DSCF1656.JPG

DSCF1661.JPG

DSCF1663.JPG

DSCF1664.JPG

• Like 3