'51 Pontiac Chieftain owners-- I need a little help

Andy J

As I stated in several earlier posts,when I tore my '51 Chieftain apart 2 years ago,I didn't take nearly enough pictures of anything,thinking that I could remember how everything went. HUGE MISTAKE! I will eventually figure it out,but it would be so much simpler if I had something to go on.I'm presently going back together with it and am having a little trouble.

So,I'm asking if anyone would be so kind to post s few pics for me.If someone could post pictures of the driver side of the engine,the accelerator/transmission linkage,the firewall under the defroster box,and the parking brake assembly under the dash.The closer the pics,the better.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Andy J (see edit history)

Thank you Pontiac 1953.I had already figured it out,but this is exactly what I needed.My transmission throttle control outer lever is bent away from the transmission at an odd angle.Do you think it is supposed to be this way?It looks like it should be parallel to the transmission.

19 hours ago, Andy J said:

Thank you Pontiac 1953.I had already figured it out,but this is exactly what I needed.My transmission throttle control outer lever is bent away from the transmission at an odd angle.Do you think it is supposed to be this way?It looks like it should be parallel to the transmission.

the picture is correct

• 3 months later...

Andy J

Not mine but if you are interested in another Pontiac Chieftian there is one for sale by me. I think about your year. Looks complete but may be a better parts car than one to restore. I believe the price would be very very reasonable. Not buried in mud or grass either. Let me know and I will post a picture. Oh heck Ill walk down and take one anyway and post it. Be back in a jiffy.

Tony

Thanks for the picture PhilAndrews. It does appear that my lever is bent a bit. It moves just fine,but I haven't started the car,so I'll wait and see what happens then.I am anxious to get this thing running,but I still have a lot to do before then. Stay close,I have a few more questions in the future.

• Like 1