Found an Old picture of Lake Tahoe area with car. Help with dating car.

Ekoostik

Hi, Happy to have found you folks!

I have an interesting picture from The Lake Tahoe area with this car. I’m happy to share the whole photograph as well if there is interest. 

here is the photo with the car blown up as best I could. 

89ED2479-967A-408C-8525-F5B384679122.jpeg

Edited by Ekoostik (see edit history)

It's pretty badly out of focus but it might be a Mitchell c1910-1911. The radiator is the right shape and the brass name on it are very similar to the Mitchell radiator script...but that is a pure guess. If you scanned it at a much higher resolution and cropped the car out we can do more.

JV, thank you for the lead. I don’t think scanning it will help as it’s pretty far from the lens. 

i know I’ve seen that similar script on a grill before though (I am a casual SCM subscriber) 
Off to look at Mitchell’s!

here is the original. 

84B1EDF2-6DC7-4368-B29B-B67E9C62207A.jpeg

Edited by Ekoostik (see edit history)

• Ekoostik changed the title to Found an Old picture of Lake Tahoe area with car. Help with dating car.
21 hours ago, JV Puleo said:

It's pretty badly out of focus but it might be a Mitchell c1910-1911. The radiator is the right shape and the brass name on it are very similar to the Mitchell radiator script...but that is a pure guess. If you scanned it at a much higher resolution and cropped the car out we can do more.

I agree it is a Mitchell, possibly a Model T.  The wide bills on the front fenders, the radiator shape and script and the way the rear fender curves out from where it attaches to the running board confirm it for me.

fullsizeoutput_267.jpeg

1910 Mitchell.jpg

• Like 1