ECC Has Detected An Electrical Problem

Mannichia

Hello, I am a relatively new owner of a Reatta and have been doing a fair bit of work on it. This round of work consisted of replacing the struts, the blower control module and the alternator. After Getting these things squared away (being a week of on and off work on it while being jacked up on the front end) the car really seems to struggle to idle good (or rather worse than usual) and even refuses to turn over after a certain point. While running, it is constantly warning me of the message in the title. The only codes I have are B671 (current), B552 (history) and B448 (history). I will also note that I had this warning pop up at one point about a month ago but it went away the next day. Thanks in advance for any insight into this issue.

5 hours ago, Mannichia said:

While running, it is constantly warning me of the message in the title.

That sounds like it might be a bad oil pressure sender if it just flashes and then goes away quickly. Watch the oil pressure gage and if you see it jump to maximum at the same time you see the warning message you have found your problem.

• Like 1

Oh yeah I have definitely had the oil pressure spike randomly (for a good while now). But it only started what its currently doing with the crt warning since I got it back on the ground yesterday (outside of the one off time last month). I am unsure if it occurs as the oil pressure spikes happen and will keep an eye for that as well. I could upload a video of that behavior tomorrow on something like youtube if you guys would like. 

If you had the battery disconnected as the code B552 indicates, you may need to drive the car some so the ECM can relearn the proper engine settings. Sometimes after a battery disconnect it will stumble and idle rough for a little while. No need to worry about messages on the IPC or CRT if you aren't willing to replace the oil pressure sensor that is known to cause the warnings to pop up.