Good news on my rear glass

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

I took my car today and had the rear windshield leak fixed. It leaked, which is typical of late 60s to mid 70s GM cars. They had to remove the window this morning and reseal it. They had it out in about 2 minutes. The good news was, they said the rust around the window was very minor. They did some scraping, then put somekind of special of rust proof on it, then resealed it. All together it took about 25 minutes. got the inside of my car dirty though. They blew the dirt inside the car. Another thing I noticed after I got home is that they dented my lower left piece of chrome. I don't think it was there before. Anyway, it is fixed, so I am happy. I will know when it rains or when I wash it. <BR>----------------------<BR>Tony<BR>72 Electra<BR>89 Accord

Hi Tony. I met you at the cruise night last week in Elizabethton Tn.I to had a leak in the rear window of my 72 Electra and it was removed and reinstalled. I hope you have better luck than me. I had to take it back to the glass shop after the first rain to have them put some more of the rubber sealant around the perimeter of the glass. that did the trick and it hasn't leaked since.Good luck! PS: Where did you post your buick wanted ad to find your 72? Anybody else have any Ideas on where to search for a Buick?