I need the opinion of an Airflow owner on the performance of my Airstream vacuum wipers

Hi All,

I know that this is an Airflow forum and I have an Airstream, but I need the opinion of some Airflow owners.  I recently rebuilt my Trico vacuum wipers and my Airstream had a dual action fuel pump/vacuum booster on it which I rebuilt today.  I did a test run today under varying throttle conditions, and under wide open throttle (WOT), the vacuum booster did not boost as much as I thought it should. When I tested my wipers using straight manifold vacuum, the wipers would completely stall under WOT.  Now, with the vacuum booster, they do not stall, but they still run slowly.

The dual action pump was used on some Airflows, so I am hoping that some of you with Airflow dual action pumps could watch this short video and tell me if this performance is normal, or if I should do some troubleshooting.  I am confident the wipers I rebuilt work fine, but I am less confident with the vacuum portion of the dual action pump I rebuilt.  The rebuild is fairly simple, but I could have done something wrong.

If you have some time, please take a look at this video and let me know what you think.  Thanks so much.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...