NailheadBob 2014 Regal GS Manual Transmission

NailheadBob

I purchased a 2014 Buick Regal GS 6 speed manual transmission at work, I worked in the service department of a Fiat dealership. The mechanic was doing used car inspections came over to me (because he new my association with Buick and the Buick clubs including the CCBCA) and I love stick shift cars. He told me this would be the car for me as he said the only thing this car needed was wiper blades ,LOF, and air and cabin filters, and it drove nice and NO leaks. So at lunch time I took it for a spin and fell in love with it and struck a $ deal for it. Silver exterior and black interior and looked like new inside and out.

EDIT: I purchased Genuine Buick black rubber slush floor mats, really are nice quality, had all side and back windows tinted, purchased USED spare tire and jack and tool kit from junkyard, and purchased new black plastic large securing nut part # 11611908 for spare tire, (so it looks like it came with the car).

More to come.

Bob

42AE48FA-A5E7-4814-82B4-4AA6960DB37A.jpeg

74F20708-0E28-4ADA-9BB4-5683951E3417.jpeg

Edited by NailheadBob
update (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• NailheadBob changed the title to NailheadBob 2014 Regal GS Manual Transmission

My first trip with my new/used car was with my sister to visit our other sister in Missouri, 8 hour trip for us, I replaced all 4 tires before trip so my sister would not have to change any tires LoL and we shared the driving duties, but I paid for the gas because that is the way I roll (my sister did not like that) she loved driving the car, and yes (she new how to drive stick shift car) and she loved the navigation, hands free phone, and radio. The trip down was uneventful, all went good. The trip home was different as it rained to whole trip back, sometimes really hard. Once we got home I just parked the car and left contents in the car. Two days after being home I went to car, power door locks did not work? I found car battery dead, recharged and it went dead again. The next step was to check for a parasitic draw and found it was 1.310 amp draw after it sat for 2 minutes, then I removed 1 fuse at a time till draw went away, which was fuse #35 green mini fuse (30amp) for subwoofer, removed fuse #35 and draw dropped to 0.025 amps (26 milliamps) let car sit for 3 days and battery did NOT go dead. 

Next was to locate factory service manuals as they are a 4 volume set, E-bay had the full set for $475.00 plus shipping, NOT FOR ME for that money! I have a local library that has a basement full of factory service manuals and the library had hard covers put on all of them, and they had the 4 volume set BUT only for a 2013 (JohnD1956 would like to use these) so I checked the full set out and took them home thinking they would be close enough to my car.

Once I had the manuals, I retrieved 2 fault codes for the radio U-0028 & U-15E1,   I located the amplifier module (in the passenger rear panel inside the trunk down low) and I noticed orange rust color on screws that secure amplifier, and when I looked above amplifier there was a plastic tube that connected to a rubber hose and it was disconnected and water would run directly onto the amplifier,  it has 3 connectors on it, the power and ground are on the grey 8 pin connector, when I unplugged that NOW my current draw was gone, I then started car and found now radio and navigation did not work. I checked around we have a local company AJR radio that repairs radios, dash clusters, and ECM,s  I contacted them BUT they do not repair amplifiers. I stared a search for a replacement unit as it only fits 2012 thru 2017 Regals. I found one on E-bay from Terryville Auto Parts in Connecticut and they offer a 6 month warranty on this part and all parts they sell (good people to deal with). I installed amplifier and reconnected the rubber hose and plastic tube (so no more water leaking onto amplifier) I let car sit 3 days after amplifier installed and NO MORE dead battery, Job done. Next is the photo of inside the amplifier.  

799AB6EF-812A-4651-920A-1B3EDE8A8E45.jpeg

E6A12D83-E010-447B-8191-58430BA03BC9.jpeg

Edited by NailheadBob
update (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1