What's wrong with this Hudson? (On Facebook Marketplace)

Hudsy Wudsy

26 minutes ago, Dave39MD said:

I don't have to come and get it do I? 

Our last winner received the rear half of a 1928 Dodge Victory six frame, minus differential and suspension. So, you may want to find out what you won before you make travel plans. Also, it's unlikely that lunch will be provided. You'll notice that this Hudsy has Alaska license plates on it. That means that it's possible that some poor guy drove this old gal all of the way from Alaska to Kansas having to listen to all of the Chevrolet wrist pin and valve train noise. I think that I would have walked.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to What's wrong with this Hudson? (On Facebook Marketplace)

Seems to be a mid-late 60's 230" or 250" (Chevy)engine. One thing interesting to me is the cable system on the firewall, apparently the cables work the windshield wipers. If so then that's another neat idea engineered back then; also the ID plate is cool by indicating "all steel construction." Can't use that phrase in the present.

• Like 1

1947 Wiper motor was under the dash with connecting arms to the wiper bases. In 48 Hudson went to that set up. I am guessing that going around the pulleys. Reduces strain on the wiper motor. I think our 56 Corvette had a set up like that under the dash. Not sure when Chevrolet went to cables under the dash. 

What's the matter with it? The Chevrolet air cleaner is missing!😆

So is it a Hydromatic, Powerglide or turbohydromatic?😄

Might be a 194, but I doubt it. Not tall enough for a 292. I've seen 292 sixes in "street rods".

i

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Frank DuVal said:

What's the matter with it? The Chevrolet air cleaner is missing!😆

So is it a Hydromatic, Powerglide or turbohydromatic?😄

Might be a 194, but I doubt it. Not tall enough for a 292. I've seen 292 sixes in "street rods".

Frank, you are a nice person and I love Grahams, but who gives a crap about the details of a Chevrolet transplanted into a Hudson?

i

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

but who gives a crap about the details of a Chevrolet transplanted into a Hudson?

I did the post in jest. However, the GM Hydromatic was a 1951 Hudson optional automatic transmission!😲 Yes, the bellhousing bolt pattern should not match Chhevrolet engine, but an "a-dapter" kit from JC Whitney just might make it possible.😉

But just having an original transmission might not make it a $1K value.....

Edited by Frank DuVal (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

The maroon wheels are hard to find. It would crack at the top. I had five extra wheels at one time. A mix of colors. The ivory 49 wheels are the tough ones to find. Funny thing about step downs. The only difference between them is a 232, 262 or a 308. Same car in every way. Different trim, different grill, different dash and a longer front end on some models. Drive the same, handle the same and brake the same. If you are driving a 49 super six, you are driving a 53 Wasp. Same thing. I did leave out the 8 cylinder, 254. Who would put that in when the 262 six is bigger. They are great cars. With the visors.😃 I still look for a 52 Hornet club coupe. Will find one some day. I am really picky, picky, picky on that one.