Period correct Outside mirror, what's available?

sftamx1

15 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Most are going to look goofy.   Jay Leno recommends the dollar store suction cup mirrors that you can put on and off.   Not sure on your car where those would go.

Not really a bad idea. Maybe have to fab a bracket so it would sit correctly but theres a lot of flat area on the side of the cowell.

Tow mirrors from a 77 Ford F-250. The ones with the tripod mounting brackets. If you want to be able to see what is behind you. Going with the small round period correct mirrors. You will only be able to see on the drivers side. With very little hope in seeing the one on the passenger side. Early cars are horrible to mount side mirrors on. Most don’t look good, and really do not work that great. I like the oval mirror, swan neck style. Not correct, a modern street rod mirror. But I think it looks the best. And the oval shape gets farther out. To get around the body. That car sure looks good with out mirrors.

Back in the 70's my Dad picked up an outside mirror that goes on a 60's VW and clamped that onto the door of our Rickenbacker.

Been there ever since.

Very similar to this one but with a clamp mount.

s-l300.jpg

Home / Mirrors / See-Rite, Short Curved Stem, Door Pillar Mirrors

See-Rite, Short Curved Stem, Door Pillar Mirrors

$800.00

As low as $73/mo with Affirm. Learn more

Pair of See-Rite short-stem door pillar. These display a Rolls Royce logo, but you can have any logo on the mirror head.

6 in stock (can be backordered)

See-Rite, Short Curved Stem, Door Pillar Mirrors quantity
Add to cart
  • Thanks 1

• s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg

Door or windshield post mount extendable rear view mirror reproduction Truck Car

Click to enlarge

Have one to sell? Sell now- Have one to sell?

Shop with confidence

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or get your money back.

Seller information

100% Positive feedback

Door or windshield post mount extendable rear view mirror reproduction Truck Car

Condition:
NewNew

Price:
US $95.00

Ships from United States
Shipping:
US $18.00 Economy Shipping | See detailsfor shipping
Located in: Hortonville, Wisconsin, United States
Delivery:
Estimated between Wed, Jun 22 and Sat, Jun 25 to 45242

Returns:
Seller does not accept returns | See details- for more information about returns

Payments:

Earn up to 5x points when you use your eBay Mastercard®. Learn moreLearn more about earning points with eBay Mastercard

• Thanks 1

For my 1927 Chryslurp "70" from hell,I I plan to buy sedan/closed car windwing brackets offered by various Model A Ford parts supplier,   Screw them to the outer door frame or reveal molding ,have glass cut to fit and use,wind wing mirrors( clamps to the outer windwing glass edge )or stick on mirrors right on to the wing glass..

A 1927 Chrylser 70 Brougham is nothing but blind spots.