Unbelievable stupid Luck ….. to me - 1934 Dodge Dr rumble seat coupe

Porsche 68

Ok after a carb float issue went on a 12 mile shake down What a great driving car steers well rides nice brake’s still need a little tweaking what an awesome car considering it’s been sitting since 1967 runs cool ! Muffler blew a hole but hey minor Thanks all for the help I will be posting more soon John.   O finally gave it a bath! Should I try and polish it or leave it alone?

CA5600DE-32F0-4202-87A7-99525E243373.jpeg

• Like 5

Zeke01 that is a beautiful car like the wire wheels! As for polishing the paint it has little chunks of paint missing and some surface rust I worry if I try to polish it the cleaner will get stuck in the cracks and look terrible It will hopefully make its car show debut at a locale car show this Wednesday wish me luck it’s only 6 miles away

40E540F3-0039-4014-8E86-F9DAF3648C5D.jpeg

A70E8070-300B-4A1F-A261-C4476AEACF53.jpeg

• Like 2

I would give it s good wash for the show Wednesday. If you want to get a shine without waxing you can try what i do. My paint is faded and showing primer in areas. I use a can of silicone lube spray on the paint. It gives the paint a shine for a few weeks without the wax residue. Also it repels water like wax since a lot of waxes have silicone in it. It hasn't damaged the paint at all. You can test a small area first to see the results. 

I did a little spot below the gas filler neck it looks good but you can see the cracks picture was taken before I washed it with simple green and a soft car wash brush had to change the water in the bucket 4 times ! It was black !

18 hours ago, Porsche 68 said:

Zeke01 that is a beautiful car like the wire wheels! As for polishing the paint it has little chunks of paint missing and some surface rust I worry if I try to polish it the cleaner will get stuck in the cracks and look terrible It will hopefully make its car show debut at a locale car show this Wednesday wish me luck it’s only 6 miles away

40E540F3-0039-4014-8E86-F9DAF3648C5D.jpeg

A70E8070-300B-4A1F-A261-C4476AEACF53.jpeg

You have the same quandary I had with my 34 Chevy. I thought about doing all kinds of things with the surface rusted areas but wound up doing nothing, good luck on your decision.

DSCF7209.JPG

DSCF7239.JPG

DSCF7241.JPG

Well I been driving it around town two car shows drained and flushed the cooling system and the transmission and rear differential again new brake hoses been really reliable starts every time put almost 100 miles on it what a great car !

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd like to revive this topic because I like the story and love the car! I suppose it's been in hibernation for the winter?

John, did you ever find a crank hole cover? I just purchased an estate out of WV which is mostly pre-war Ford but I am discovering some early (20s-30s) Dodge parts too. I know there is a set of '34 horn trumpets and a taillight in the mix somewhere so maybe.......

• Like 1

I thought I caught a glimpse of something! I thought maybe it was a radiator cap at first but I do believe it is the proper crank hole cover! @Porsche 68 if you still need or want this part or a taillight lens, please PM me, or better yet, sell me the car! 😃 My desire is to re-connect long-lost parts such as these with people that need them. This box had been in the loft of an old garage likely for many decades.

-Greg

103_0474.JPG

103_0475.JPG

103_0476.JPG

103_0477.JPG

• Like 1

That is a 34 Dodge crank hole cover, rare bird.  Here is a photo of the one on my 34 DRXX Dodge coupe.  Nice find, proper horns and tail lights as well, although that type of tail light mounting (to the bumper bolts) was only used on the sedans because the coupe rear bumper irons mount under the fenders to the side of the frame so there is no exposed bumper bolt for the tail light to mount to.  On that issue I have attached a photo of the rear of my coupe but the photo above of Porsche 68's great coupe tail light is a better photo of the coupe rear bumper irons.   

IMG00982-20140808-1034.jpg

post-89602-143142770958[1].jpg